Chapter 7

Natalie tip-toed up the stairs. Dan was (surprisingly) doing his homework closed up in his room. It was nearing 9:45 pm and they would have to go to bed soon for school.

   Ugg... I hate public schools already! I haven't even been there yet! Sooo early! Don't think about that now! BE QUIET, brain!                                 
    Natalie crept past Dan's doorway. She wrapped her hand around the door nob. She turned it slowly to not make a sound. She heard Dan closing his textbook and getting up from his desk.       He's coming! She told herself. She opened the door and ran in briskly, still not making a sound. She peeked out the door one more time and closed it.

   Now for the prank. She produced the tiny bottle of super-glue from her pocket. She picked up Dan's toothbrush that he threw on the counter. Then she saw a small wire. She followed the wire to the laundry chute. She opened the door the string was tied to a 5 pound weight on the end and in the situation that it fell, it would have made a very loud pang. The string was just barely wedged between the little door.

   She grabbed the string and quickly pulled the weight up. Then she went back over to the toothbrush. She pulled out a long, silver vile filled with liquid. No poison too strong, just to humiliate him on video and post it on this 'Instagram' thing. This is gonna be funny! She poured a little on the 'brush' part and some light glue onto the handle. She heard the door to Dan's room close. I have to go! She spun around but Dan would see her if she left through the door. The shower curtain! She ran in the shower and pulled the white curtain before Dan opened the door. Good thing I wore my white-glitter plush robe, Channel of course. Dan opened the door. Natalie, barely daring to breath, listened intently on the scene playing out just feet away. She heard Dan reach the sink. The weight! Please please PLEASE DON'T REMEMBER THE WEIGHT! was all she could think. Dan turned the water on. Natalie just couldn't resist peeking from the curtain as she heard the drawer open. Dan's toothbrush was on the counter!

   "Amy? What are you doing? Where is your brother?!" She exploded

   "Dan? Oh he's went downstairs to get something. He will be right up to brush his teeth." Amy said, un-phased that there was an 11 year old hiding in her bathtub.

   "Okay" Natalie said a little disappointed, stepping out of the bathtub/ shower.

   Natalie stepped over to the weight, picked it up, and slowly let it down, making sure it wouldn't fall and crash.

   "Prank wars?" Amy said dully.

   "Yep," Natalie replied just as dull." And you better bet I'm gonna win" she added with a bit more attitude and her silky sleek ever-present British accent perfect as ever.