Chapter 43

Dan sat next to Natalie's bed. She had only gotten a flesh wound and a concussion for hitting her head, but she had lost so much blood she had fallen unconcious for a few a hours. Dan hadn't left her side the whole time along with Ian and Amy. The two had just went to grab lunch. He had felt so bad. Dan felt a certain pang in his heart. He wouldn't admit it to himself even, but he had a crush on her. He had since the end of the clue hunt. He didn't know why or how, but those feelings never seemed to fade, but got stronger.

All of a sudden, Natalie's fingers twitched.

"Natalie? Natalie, you awake?" Dan said rubbing her arm in an effort to wake her up.

"Dan? What... what happened?" Natalie said looking around confused.

"Well, what was the last thing you remember? The doctor said you might have temporary amnesia."

"Umm... let's see... aaaaahhh... I don't really remember anything. I don't know why but I remember a few people. You, Ian, Amy, Jonah, the twins, my parents, Cindy and Lexi from school... that's about it." Natalie explained.

"What about Hamilton?"

"Uuuuuh, the name kind of sounds familiar."

"Do you know where we are? Like on a map?"

"Aren't we in London?"

Dan's mouth dropped open. She didn't remember anything. He hadn't thought the concussion was that bad. He knew she would eventually remember, but this must be really hard for her.

"We're not, are we. Why don't you tell me what I don't remember so I can try and remember everything." Natalie said sitting up a little higher on the bed, wincing when she put too much weight on her arm.

"Watch your arm, Nat." Dan said concerned.

"Don't call me Nat, Daniel." Natalie said with a joking smirk.

"Oh, shut up, Nat." Dan said mirroring her facial expression. "But, back to serious. Do you remember Grace?" Dan asked before Natalie nodded a yes. "Do you remember that she died?" Dan asked blinking away tears that threatened to spill down his face. Natalie nodded a no so Dan continued talking. "She died. August 17th, 2008. Today is November 4th, 2008. At Grace's funeral, she set forth the clue hunt. Do you remember what that was?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, well, kinda. I remember bits and pieces of stuff. I remember each branch and their genetics and stuff, but I don't remember being in the clue hunt." Natalie said, rubbing her face with her hands. "Just out of curiosity, how long was I asleep for? My back feels like I haven't moved in ages."

"You were out for..." Dan trailed off looking at his phone to find the time. "About four hours. Anyway, you and your brother started out the clue hunt with just the two of you. Soon after the begining of the hunt, you ganged up with Irina Spasky. More like you threatened her and she didn't like her chances of living if she didn't help you. Anyways, after a few clues, your lovelly mother decided to show up. She planed to kill me, Amy, and Alistar. Do you remember him?" Dan waited for a nod and he got a negative. "He was an Ekatrina, biggest accomplishment was the microwaveable burrito before the clue hunt. Anyway, Irina risked her life to save ours and ended up dying. There wasn't any time for any funeral for us to go to, so I don't really know what happened to her. Your mom ended up going crazy from drinking the complete Lucian serum and is in jail right now. Me and Amy won the clue hunt and inherited everything from Grace. You and Ian have been living at the mansion ever since and our older sibblings are like a 'thing'. Right now there is a threat that we need to take care of and you were shot in a fight. You were shot in your arm, if you haven't guessed yet and hit your head pretty hard. Concussion worthy. Any questions?" Dan finished.

"Yeah, a few. One, why do I feel like that was a really skimmed down version of the clue hunt? Two, is that where we are, Attleboro? Three, how long untill I get my memories back? Four, where are our sibblings?" She asked.

"One, because it is. Two, yes. Three, I don't know, ask your doctor later. Four, they went to go pick something to eat and I just stayed here because I could not stand watching them flirt any longer without barfing. Does that answer all of your questions?" Dan asked.

"Yep, pretty much" Natalie answered. The two talked the rest of the night, adding Ian and Amy when they got there.