Chapter 54

Okay, not gonna lie. I kinda forgot about this book for a while.... Oh, well! I'll try to make this a longer update to make it up to you all. Since I haven't updated this in a while, this is what just happened: Dan overhears a conversation between Nat and Ian and tells Amy about it. Amy goes to confront him, she sees Ian kissing their latest suspect, Cindy.

Amy didn't even have to open her eyes in the morning to feel the throbbing/burning feeling in her throat from crying all night. Her eyes didn't want to open and she remembered the events of last night. How could she trust him?! This had happened before, but did she learn from it? No. Did she do the exact same thing that she told herself not to do? Yes. Yes she did. God, I'm such an idiot! What did I expect? To live happily ever after in notgonnahappenville?

Amy groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers over her head and clearing her mind. She was succesful for about 5 minutes until the door opened. Amy made sure her breathing and still didn't open her eyes.

"Come on, Amy, it's after noon. You can't just stay in here all day." Amy knew it was Dan, she didn't even have to hear his voice. There was one person that knew her better than herself, and that was Dan. When Amy didn't move he sighed. "Amy I know you're awake.

She groaned and rolled over. "No I'm not."

"Oh, you're not!? Then I'm just gonna take your phone, maybe text a few past crushes, maybe you might have a few embarrasing pictures.... Instagram here I come" The moment Dan took a step closer to her bedside table she grabbed her phone and hid it behind her under the sea of covers.

"Alright, fine, you made me." Dan muttered. Amy was confused until the bed dipped by her feet. A few seconds later the bed turned into a trampoline while Dan bounce up and down. Amy tried to ignore it nd go back to sleep but eventually she started to feel a bit annoyed.

"Fine," She said sitting up. Amy pushed Dan so he fell onto the bed next to her but his head was on the other side of the bed. "I'll get up but I'm not leaving this room."

She got up and walked across the room into the connected bathroom and locked the door. Taking a deep breath, she turned on the sink and splashed some water in her face.

Amy stared at her face in the mirror. Her eyes had a red tint to them; there was no expression in her eyes, just a stone cold wall keeping the emotions from showing; her hair was a mess; she was glad only Dan had seen her.

After Amy had zoned out for a few minutes, there was a knock on the door.

"Hey, Ames? Are you okay in there. It's been almost half an hour." Dan's voice came from behind the door. He was being sensitive for me, and usually I would be irritated, but right now I'm thankful.

"Yeah, sorry, I zoned out." she says, turning around and opening the door. As soon as he saw me he sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

"I know I don't usually do this, but you look like u need a hug." he said. Amy hugged him back and put her chin on his head.

"Dan, I'm an idiot. I can't believe I thought he wouldn't hurt me like last time but he did and I trusted him but I shouldn't have because I'm stupid." She knew that she probably made no sense she also knew for sure that she sounded like an idiot, but the only thing she really knew was that, of all the people in this house, Dan was the only one she could really trust.

It was a good few minutes before Amy pulled away from the hug. She felt a lot better and felt like actually do something.

30 minutes later, Amy had her earbuds in her ears and was walking out of her room with a book in her hand. She had done her hair and changed her clothes.

Amy was sure that the world hated her at that moment. Just then, Ian had rounded the corner, unaffected as ever, tapping away at the screen of his phone.

Seeing him again was absolutely horrible. She felt like her heart had stopped beating and the oxygen has drained from her body. If she thought that was bad, the feeling intensified when he looked up and they made eye-contact.

Not being able to take it anymore, she turned and fast-walked to the stairs. She padded down them and practically ran into Grace's library. Tears wanted to fall from her eyes but she wouldn't let them.

When she got there, she leaned against the wall in a place that she couldn't see the door and slowly slid down it. Hugging her knees to her chest, she stopped fighting to keep the tears in and they rolled down her cheeks.

She was sure that Ian saw her. Part of her wanted to be left alone and no one to see her break down like this, but she couldn't help but to have a little part of her to have Ian come looking for her and tell her that he made a mistake and that everything was going to be alright.

Amy waited for a good five minutes to calm down before she got up and went to sit on one of chairs positioned all over the room. Pressing the play button on her phone so she could listen to music. Letting the music calm her down, she opened the book and started reading where she left off. While she was reading, she found herself not paying attention to the book and her mind was drifting away from her book and more in the direction of the ever-present subject in her brain, Ian Kabra.

Amy genuinely thought that she loved him. He was so sweet and romantic when he wanted to be, but then go and do like this. She knew that she should probably talk to him about all this and since she hadn't actually broken up with him they were still technically together. Amy knew that she couldn't trust him, like, ever again. He was too good at lying that she was afraid that he was just going to keep putting her through it.

Because of her lack of sleep the night before, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.