:: Twenty Seven

:: T W E N T Y   S E V E N ::

| Contains swearing |

Luke and Ellie were dancing to another slow song when a voice called out making them break apart and look around for the source of the voice.

"Would you look at this," said the smirking black haired, eyebrow pierced boy who was surrounded by his friends.

"What do you want, Michael?" Ellie asked as she glared at him.

"Oh, nothing," Michael smirked. "I've decided that I want you back," he said to Ellie.

Luke tensed next to Ellie and his jaw clenched tightly along with his fists.

"I'm not a thing that you can throw away and take back when you want," Ellie spat, shaking with anger.

"Really? What about your boy toy over there?" Michael sniggered pointing his thumb at Luke. "How does he feel about being used?"

Ellie was so angry she could punch him like she did before. In the blink of an eye, the sniggering Michael was on the ground, looking scared. Luke had flung himself onto Michael and was punching him like there was no tomorrow.

It seemed as if Luke's intention was to completely deform Michael's face but Ellie couldn't watch them trying to kill each other and so dragged Luke by the back of his shirt, his coat was lying on the ground next to her.

Ellie pulled as hard as she could to no avail – it was as if the two boys were glued together. She looked around for help and saw Ashton and Calum running over.

"Break them apart, you guys!" she pleaded.

Ashton and Calum didn't need further urging since they jumped in and pulled Luke away so hard that he was confused as to how he was rising away from Michael. Calum pulled Luke to his feet and Ashton pulled Michael up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Ashton yelled at Michael who looked taken aback since Ashton had never raised his voice at him before.

"What's wrong with me? Ask what's wrong with the blondie next to you!" Michael said as he winced after touching a sore spot on his face. "He's the one who fucking punched me!"

"As if you're so innocent," Ellie muttered.

The room had gone eerily quiet and everyone's eyes were on the group. The music had stopped and a pin drop could be heard.

Luke was fuming next to Ellie and the only thing that kept him from flinging himself onto Michael again was Calum's grip on his upper arm and Ashton who was standing in between them.

"What's gotten into you Michael? This isn't you. This isn't the Michael I was friends with for six years," Ashton shook his head. "You disgust me."

And just like that, Michael's expression changed. His complete face changed. No longer did they see the asshole that broke Ellie's heart or the one who swore his friends away. Instead they saw a much sadder looking Michael. A guilty looking Michael who seemed as if he regretted everything.

Ellie's face softened when she saw him looking helpless. Luke stopped struggling against Calum as well and looked sorry himself.

"Look," Luke spoke out. "I'm sorry man."

Michael shook his head, not meeting anyone's eyes. "I'm sorry."

The silence now was deafening – everyone was shocked with the punches and the sudden apologies.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you, Ellie," Michael looked straight into her eyes. "I really am. I ended up breaking it off with Kira. She moved to America last week."

Ellie sighed and massaged her temples. The sudden apologies from her so called enemies were overwhelming her – first Briana and now Michael.

"Look, let's just forget all this and get you both to the hospital," she sighed, grabbing Luke's arm and leading him outside. Everyone stepped out of their way and started whispering to each other.

None of the five spoke as they walked outside the hotel and to the cars in the parking lot. None of them spoke as they all got into Luke's car. No one spoke the entire ride to the hospital. It was quite a long and quiet ride all the way to the hospital with Luke driving and Ellie in the passenger seat.

Once they reached the hospital and entered it, they were asked to wait for the doctor who arrived five minutes later and prescribed a balm for Luke's hand after cleaning his wounds and wrapping some bandage around his sore knuckles.

Luke walked out of the room and motioned for Michael to go in before slumping down onto the empty chair next to Ellie.

"How is it that we always end up at a hospital?" Ellie chuckled drily.

"I don't like hospitals. I almost lost you here," Luke whispered as he sat hunched in his seat.

Ellie wrapped an arm around his torso before resting her head on his shoulder and sighed.

"I'm here now," She said.

"And I'll never let you go again," Luke promised.

Ellie kissed his cheek before resting her head on his shoulder again and rubbing circles on his back.

"Let's go," Michael said after walking out with a paper of prescriptions in his hand, face covered in some ointment.

***

Sorry for the super short chapter! There's not much I could go with this! And I think Therapy's coming close to an end! Not sure how close but its pretty close! I don't want to end it because I've grown way too attached to this story but there's nothing I can do!

Hope you guys enjoyed this and please do drop a vote or a comment because your comments honestly make me so happy! :)

Dedicated to amanda_fran. Thank you for all your support and the wonderful feedback you always leave! :D

- Pooji