:: Twenty Two

:: T W E N T Y T W O ::

"Please don't even think of leaving me," Ellie whispered as they held each other in their arms tightly. Her face was against his chest and Luke's chin was resting on top of her head.

"I won't. I'm sorry I even tried," he said as he hugged her tighter.

"Promise?"

"Promise," he said, letting go slightly so he could place a kiss on her forehead. He carried her off her feet and spun her around with a big smile on his face making giggles that sounded like music to his ears to escape her lips.

"I love you," he said happily as he spun her again. "I love you!" He shouted out.

"Making sure everyone hears it, eh Luke?" Ellie questioned before laughing as he placed her back on her feet.

"Yes," he stated seriously making Ellie's heart's pace to quicken up.

"I love you more," she said smiling, her green eyes sparkling.

"No, I love you more. More than words can even begin to describe," he said in a low voice that sent chills up her spine as he rested his forehead against hers. Ellie felt a pluck at her heartstrings as she stared into his ocean blue eyes making her feel as if she was drowning in them. As if she was being consumed slowly.

Luke began to lean in and Ellie's breath hitched in her throat. His hot breath fanned her face briefly before his lips pressed softly against hers making her insides melt and knees give out. His strong hold around her was what kept her upright.

Luke treated her as if she was as delicate as a flower and as fragile as glass. His touch was always so soft as if the smallest amount of pressure could harm her, break her and she found it adorably sweet.

His lips tasted of coffee and affection. His arms around her made her feel safe and protected. She fit in his arms like a glove. It was all Ellie could ever wish for and it was all Luke ever hoped for. This moment was something they cherished. Finally being able to be together, to hold each other in their arms.

"My love for you is as deep as the ocean that is as blue as your eyes," Ellie said when they broke apart.

Luke was left speechless, in complete awe. "I'm lucky to have you in my life," he said as he kissed her temple.

"No, I'm lucky to have you," she argued.

"We're lucky we had Mr. Brown teaching us. If it wasn't for him, do you think any of this would've happened? Do you think we'd even be here?" He asked, dreading what would have happened if they hadn't been picked.

Ellie shook her head. "I'd probably still be with Michael as he screwed Kira behind my back," she sais bitterly.

"And I would still be lost. Because, El, I didn't know I was lost until you found me," he said with adoration in his eyes.

"And I didn't know what I was missing until you came around and fixed the puzzle," she said as she caressed his cheek.

"We're being awfully cheesy, aren't we?" Luke chuckled.

"I would say so but, considering all that has happened, I think it's allowed," she laughed.

Luke agreed before looking up at the sky when he felt a water droplet on his nose. "It's about to pour pretty badly," he observed making Ellie look up as well.

The sky had turned a dark gray. The storm clouds were congregating in the sky and the sun was nowhere to be seen. A few more droplets fell, glistening as light reflected on them, making them look like gems.