:: Fifteen

:: F I F T E E N ::

Before they knew it, before they could even apprehend how fast the time went past, it was their IB exams. Luke, Ellie, Calum and Ashton decided to form a study group together which ended up being much more successful than any of them had anticipated. They worked hard and only when they were answering the papers did they realize how fruitful their effort was. When they finished answering the last paper and walked out of the hall, their smiles could light up the whole town. They were smiling so widely and Briana, who can’t seem to keep to herself, just had to walk up to Ellie and go, “Careful, your jaw might drop out.”

Ellie glared at her as she watched the tall, plastic I-think-I-know-it-all walk away, her heels clicking on the marble floors. Ellie was ready to pounce but was stopped by Luke who had thrown a restraining arm in front of her. “Let me at her!” She exclaimed and Luke who was laughing at how child-like she was being, carried her and threw her over his shoulder before calmly strolling outside with Ashton and Calum not trailing far behind. Calum was in deep conversation with a petite, blond girl who was standing close to him.

Calum had introduced her as Taylah, a friend is what he had called her but everyone knew ‘friends’ was the last thing they were.  Ellie was happy to see that Calum had found a girl who not only suited him looks-wise but personality-wise as well. Their clashing heights were so adorable and Calum’s hug and cuddle needs were now fulfilled by Taylah. Ashton was the only single one left in their group but Ellie had a feeling that he was seeing someone but was all quiet about it. She would just have to ask him that later.

Ellie was still dangling in midair as Luke’s giant steps made her head bob. “Will you put me down already? I’m not on attack mode anymore.” Ellie said.

“Alright then, El.” He said as he placed her down, making her heart flutter like it always does when he calls her El. “Can you please, pretty please come over to my house today?” He asked with puppy eyes and his lip jutted out – Ellie’s weakness.

She chuckled and said, “Alright, Lukeypoo,” and stood on tippy toes to place a sweet kiss on his lips.

They heard an ‘Awwww’ and an ‘Ewww’ from behind them and when Ellie turned around to look, she saw Taylah looking at them adoringly while Calum and Ashton were covering their faces with their hands and peeping through the spaces between their fingers.  “You guys should seriously move on from this,” Ellie said, motioning at the two lads, as she rolled her eyes trying not to laugh.

“Well, you guys should seriously get a room,” Calum said, poking his tongue out.  Taylah grabbed his face, turning it towards her before planting a big kiss on his lips. Calum, who looked hazed after it, said, “That was nice,” with lidded eyes.

“Calum, you let me down, bro,” Ashton stated as he shook his head disappointedly.

“Well, where’s your girl, Ashton?” Ellie asked playfully as she wiggled her eyebrows.

“I – I don’t have one.” Ashton said, looking down at his shoes which he suddenly found interesting.

“Right, I believe you,” Ellie said sarcastically watching the telltale blush on Ashton’s cheeks.

“Who’s coming for tonight’s party at the Royce twins’ house?” Luke asked from everyone and all of them said they were going.

Everyone then said their final goodbyes before Luke, who was holding onto Ellie’s hand, led the way to his car, the car that Ellie once had second thoughts about getting into. Once she climbed in and Luke had shut the door before climbing in the rivers seat, she leaned forward and played the All Time Low album Luke had.