Part 37

*Louis' POV!*

Just tell him. Just get it over with, stop making him suffer. You have to do this Louis, today.
I try and pep talk myself, but staring at Harry's nude body snuggled up roughly underneath the covers makes me lose focus completely. I can't keep this from him anymore. When he wakes up I have to tell him...
I watch Harry as he sleeps, and eventually doze back into sleep. What feels like seconds later, I slowly open my eyes to a light tapping on my chest.
"Hey Lou" Harry whispers, pattering his fingertips up and down against my chest.
"Hey baby" I answer back smiling. I wrap my arms around him, pulling him into a hug and pecking him on the lips.
"Well I need to go eat breakfast...I'm starving after last night" Harry says winking. He pushes the covers down, exposing his lower body fully. I struggle swallowing at the sight of him, he's so beautiful.
He grabs sweats and puts them on, the fabric hanging low on his body. Harry without a shirt is a gift I decide, but a gift I don't want to share. I just need to tell him everything, now.
"Harry um, I need to talk to you" I whisper as he leaves. He shuts the door, not hearing me. I purposefully said it quiet enough so he couldn't hear me, I can't bear telling him this.
I get out of bed, and put on Harry's sweatpants and sweatshirt, both hanging baggy on my small frame.
I sit on the edge of the bed, my head in my hands. I'm becoming so stressed about this one stupid thing. It's so ungodly painful to have to go through this. I just need some more rest.....
Within minutes my thoughts consume me and take me to a world less full of worry. I dream of Harry, as I normally do. It's a pleasant dream.
"Lou, ..sweetie, ...wake up honey" I lift the lids of my eyes to see Harry hovering over me. He smiles as he looks at me, but concern fills his eyes.
"I'm up, I was up, don't worry" I say with a forced laugh.
"Louis you were crying in your sleep....are you okay?" He asks me shyly, looking down at the palms of his hands.
I nod, and stand, as a sensation of dizziness takes over me. I can feel my eyes spin back, and I collapse underneath myself. I remain conscious as Harry picks me up, and sets me back on the bed.
"Harry...I need to go to the hospital..no..w.." I whisper, before my eyes shut. I can still hear but no longer have the strength to keep my eyes open.
I feel Harry scoop me up, and take me in his arms. He pushes my head against his neck, and I smell the sweet scent of him I enjoy so much. It's like honey but with something extra, a smell that's just him.
"It's okay Louis, I'm going to get Niall to drive us, you'll stay with me. If you can hear me give me a sign or something anything will do" Harry whispers, still running to the car. He shouts at Niall to get in, and shuts the door behind him. I try my best to move my fingers, against him, whether I succeeded or not I don't think I'll ever know.
Before I even hearr the car start, the whole world goes black.
I feel as if I'm dreaming. I feel Harry rush me into the hospital. I can't see anything, and can't hear other than words slurred together.
"Move!!! My boyfriend!!! He's injured help!!" I hear Harry scream. Oh Harry, this is what has to happen. It must. I can't control it anymore, I'm in the hands of the doctor.
I feel myself leave Harry's arms, and my whole body goes cold.
"I'm Katie, the emergency room doctor this evening. Can you tell me as best as you can what happened?" An unfamiliar voice says.
Harry squeezes my hand, and says "He just got this look in his eye, and then my whole world came crashing down... my world as in.. well, him... I caught him, but he wasn't conscious anymore" He let's out a sigh, and I imagine him crying. I need to leave here, and let him know everything. But I can't move. I can't breath, I feel my lungs pushing on my rib cage. It's like I'm slipping farther away....
"Haz..za.." I whisper, my voice drugged up with pain reliever. I can barely keep my eyes awake, but when I open them all I see is Harry. My beautiful Harry. My Harry.
"Hi sweetie. It's been a few hours. They have all sorts of stuff plugged into you and tests done that they could. They're trying to figure out what's going on. Everything will be okay!" He says hopefully, a smile plasters his face. But if he only knew.
"Har..ry I have ..so much to tell.. you" I say weakly, but gaining strength as more words flow out. I need to sit up. I need to look him in the eyes. I need to watch him one last time before this all ends with us. He'll never want me when he finds out.
"Louis calm down its okay! Just rest, I'll be here always, okay?" He stammers, obviously flustered by my current state.
"I just hate to see you like this. So broken. I know that you're strong and will get through whatever this is but I just can't help but worry about you.., I love you" He says, looking down at his shoes. I try and scoot over, for him to sit by me, but I can't find the strength to move. I just want to lay my head on his shoulder.
"Here Lou, let me help " He suggests. God he is so kind. And so beautiful. He scoops up my legs and moves them to the side, and sits down. His knees side by side to my thighs. He faces me, not exactly how I wanted, maybe better. Then I can continue to look at his beauty. But I probably look peaked. I look down at myself, an iv in my arm, a hospital gown, and a small cord pumping air into my nostrils. This is definitely not ideal.
"I'm sorry for how I look, and everyt-" I begin, but am interrupted by Harry as he presses his pink lips to mine. The kiss is tender, he thinks I'm going to fall apart before him. I've been falling apart long before this. The kiss lasts on my lips, even after he pulls away.
"Louis, you look absolutely ravishing. So what if you're in a hospital gown. All I know is that underneath that is..." He smirks as he finishes his thought, thumbing the sleeve of the hospital gown, lightly tugging at it. He plants a kiss on my shoulder, but pulls away again.
"Now, what is it you have to tell me?"
"It's about...all this" I say, trying my best to motion to our surroundings.
"Okay...you've got me confused" Harry answers, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.
"You remember, um how when we split for a while, I didn't do the best or make the best decisions" I reflect, bringing back the painful memories of when Harry broke things off with me. I had done so many horrible things to myself, blaming myself for hurting him the way I did. Harry nods in remembrance.
"Well,.." I continue, unsure how to phrase it, "well...well I um I had taken quite a few pills the night before I had been admitted to the hosptial. I'm not even sure what I took, just that I did well, ya see... I've neglected to tell you that it caused permanent liver damage to me. And well...If I can't receive a donor, I'm well... I'm going to die"