Part 14

The words shook through Harry and he panicked. His mother still hadn't known he was in some sort of relationship, let alone have feelings for guys at the least. He wasnt sure what Louis' and he were, just that no one from school or his mom knew about it. When Harry looked up his eyes widened and fear collected, forming tears.

"Harry answer the question! Why were you kissing a boy? And why were you out so late?" She screamed in his face. His mom was always a kind person, but today she had so much anger in her eyes. She stood up, walked over, and slapped him, hard on the shoulder. It didn't hurt because of physical pain, but the emotional pain is what did the damage. Having a parent slap you is like having to watch your dog die right in front of you.

"Harry! Look at me! I've been worried sick about you! I'll talk about the bloody boy later I need to know where you were!" She bellowed out. Tears streamed out of her eyes, but Harry stood staring at the ground.

His mother dropped to her knees, and exclaimed, "Harry, I've been up since I found out you left. I thought it had something to do with your medication. I have never been so worried. You didn't text, call, or even leave a note. I'm your mother, what was I supposed to think? I thought something horrible had happened to you."

For the first time, Harry looked down at his mom. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks glimmered with fresh tears. He could see pain, true pain.

"Mom, I was out with just my friends." He lied. The tears spilled out of his eyes, there was no amount of blinking that could stop it.

"Don't lie to me Harold. That boy was not just a friend. Who was there and where did you guys go? Were you drinking? You know you can't drink with your medicine. Jesus Harry you know you cant-"

Harry interjected, "Mom I wasn't drinking. You know I don't do that kind of thing. Me, Niall, Zayn, Louis, and Louis' friend Liam all went camping. Just for something fun to do. Okay? No big deal. I'm sorry I should have told you I just forgot." When he said that, his mother sighed. Harry picked her up off the ground and embraced her. She cried into his shoulder, and he patted her back. He loved her so much, but she was always so worried about him.

His mother took a step back and said, "Okay now fill me in on the boy". He couldn't tell if she was angry, upset, confused or even happy.

"What do you want to know?" He hesitantly asked.

"Well, I can't decide on how I feel about it. I need to figure out what it is before I can have an opinion about it." She said. He got that, it made sense. He just hoped she wasn't angry at him for not being "with" a girl.

"Well... well we're not like dating, but I'm not sure what we are. We have ...kissed..and stuff. But no one besides the people that we went camping with know. And you know too now." He said. He quivered, he couldn't predict what his mom would say.

"Oh. I'm sorry Harry, this is just a lot to process. I'm fine with you being gay, that's your choice."

"I'm not gay mom," Harry ignored the eyebrow she raised, "I'm just not straight. I like boys and girls like that." He finished.

She looked puzzled but then said, "I may not agree with this decision a hundred percent, but you're my son, and I love you. No matter what." She opened up her arms and he hugged her, tighter than he ever had before.

"Now am I going to get to meet him? Or to soon still?" She asked.

"I'll text him and see if he wants to come back over?" He suggested. His mom nodded and he grabbed his phone and asked. Minutes later, Louis texted back saying he'd be over soon.

His mom went to set out some snacks, get out blankets, and a movie. The doorbell soon rang and Harry went to go get it.

He opened, saw Louis, and urgently said, "Hey my mom knows there's something like between us and like just heads up.". Louis groaned to Harry's news, hut Harry wasn't mad because he looked so cute mad. He wore a denim jacket, sweats, and Harry's favorite - messy hair. The furrowed brow just added to the cuteness.

They walked silently into the living room, and plopped themselves on the sofa. Not to close to each other, but close enough that they could sometimes touch if they wanted. But Harry didn't want to scare his mom off. She walked into the room, and surprisingly, Louis stood.

He stuck out his hand and said, "Hi Mrs. Styles, I'm Louis Tomlinson! It's nice to meet you!"

"No need to call me Mrs. Styles, call me Anne! It's nice to meet you too. Here sit back down." His mom said, gesturing towards the couch.

She paused, reeling in the scene before her. But, she spoke again, "Louis, I'm dieing to know, what is going on between you and my son?"

"Um well we're like together?" Louis hesitantly said.

Harry interrupted, "Well nothings confirmed, we're just friends." He didn't want to make anything awkward but seemed to make the situation worse.

"Oh. Well if you make my son happy, then you are welcome in mine and his life." His mom said. She patted Louis on the leg, and gave him a warm smile. She got up and left, leaving the two boys by themselves.

Louis slid over close to Harry, and rested his head on Harry's shoulder. Harry slid his fingertips into Louis', and let out a sigh.

"That was easier than I thought. But, for now, I say we don't tell the school. Because if we do, there is no way our lives will ever be the same." Harry said.

"Yes, but I can't hid my feelings for you Haz. When I see you in the hall, I'll want to run up to you and smash my lips onto yours. Others do it, why can't we? " Louis asked. Truthfully, Harry didn't know, just that people found it bad, and he didn't want to make anyone upset.

"I guess I'm just scared of what others will say." He finally said back.

"The others don't matter. As long as I'm with you, I'll be happy." Louis answered. Harry pecked Louis on the lips, and smiled. But for Louis, it wasn't enough. He grabbed for Harry's face, and pulled him in for more. Louis pressed his tongue against Harry's, and pushed Harry's back against the sofa. Louis lay on top, and he pulled away and smiled down at him.

"For once, I feel completely content Harry. I love you so much." Louis said, while he rested his head upon Harry's chest. Harry rubbed Louis' back, until they both drifted to sleep.