Epilogue

Epilogue

“C’mon! Maverly, you take forever!” Cyrus shouted upstairs as I descended from my bathroom. I was ready to go.

“Shut up, it’s hard to become beautiful.” I snapped, scowling at him.

“You can’t become what you already are.” He winked as I still scowled. I stood in the middle of the living room, pouting as he lifted me over his shoulder and began walking out of our bungalow. I pounded his back as he dropped me into our Kia Optima, a car I convinced him to get.

“I could’ve walked.” I stated as he laughed.

“That wouldn't have been much fun, huh?” He said, getting into the driver’s seat. We were heading to Christy and Warner’s engagement party. Yes, he proposed. After 6 years of dating, he finally proposed, something Cyrus hadn’t yet done. I didn’t mind though, I wanted to focus on College instead of planning a wedding.

After the 3 year mark, we decided to move in together. Our mother’s friendship improved and they actually offered to buy the house. Of course, we have to make the monthly payments- but with two incomes, it’s manageable.

At first, we thought it’d be better to be sharing the house- separate rooms, but after a night where I was scared in my room and he came and slept in my bed, it became a daily routine. The other room was soon turned into a guest room.

__

I looked at my old high school friends laughing together, sure I see them at least twice a month, but it was different with them all together. It was hard to graduate High School knowing that you and your friends are being separated.

But we managed to keep in contact because we all lived in the same town. Miranda was somewhere in California after her terrible breakup with Damien. He caught her cheating, not so surprising.

“Hey!” Riley shouted once I walked into the door; Leila leaning on his arm and his 2 year old son beside her, stuffing his chubby face with cake.

“You’re here!” Leila said, waddling over to me. She was pregnant again and I didn’t know how they managed to take care of one child, never mind one and another one on the way.

“Yes! And you are, too!” I replied, hugging her with one arm, afraid that if I pressed hard enough on her stomach, the baby would pop out of her. She was 8 months and looked like she swallowed three watermelons. Riley laughed, kissing her head as she ate lasagna from the pan.

__

Sebastian and Hailey were flirting playfully in the kitchen. Surprisingly, Sebastian stayed with the girl at the dance. Come to find out, her name was Hailey. They’re not engaged (like some people), but you can tell that they love each other.

Warner was on the couch, watching a football game with Sean and Avery who were still single and living the player life. And what Avery said was somewhat right. Since Sean and Avery go to me and Cyrus’s college, we see them a lot more than expected. And by expected, I mean wanted.

Cyrus is in College for Business and I’m there for Real Estate, well… I’m taking the necessary courses and a few that I seemed interested in.

“You’re here!” Avery said, doing a man hug to Cyrus, followed by Sean.

“You are, too.” He said as Warner screamed at the Flat Screen Television. I kissed Cyrus and told him I was off to find Christy.

__

“Hey,” I shouted to Christy as she sighed heavily. “What’s wrong?” I asked as I realized she was away from the crowd.

“You’ll never believe this.” She began. I bit my lip from nervousness. She held up the pregnancy test that read positive. I squealed in excitement as she looked like she was going to cry.