Chapter 17: Finding Forgiveness

Chapter 17

I sat at the makeup table currently being terrorized by Christy who was pounding make up on my face skillfully.

“You’re going to look beautiful if you stop moving!” She exclaimed, nearly ripping my hair out with the flat iron. She was straightening my hair and then curling the freshly dyed tips. I sat there wincing as she yanked and pulled on my hair.

When the pulling stopped, I relaxed slightly only to be frightened by the hissing of the curling iron being whizzed to life.

“Relax. It won’t hurt at all.” She says as she rips through my hair like Hurricane Katrina. She was already ready and primped for the dance with her peach dress with the black leather belt and heels that she walked quickly yet smoothly in, better than I ever will walk.

“Done!” She called, turning me to face the mirror as my renewed face came into view. I honestly wasn’t wearing much makeup, just a bit of concealer, eye shadow that formed a smoky eye and some mascara. Oh and a bit of lip-gloss that was forced onto me by Christy. My mother was probably the happiest woman on Earth as she watched her daughter stumble and trip down the stairs to her doom, I mean, the dance.

“You girls look beautiful!” My mother said whipping out the digital camera. I heard a few clicks before my mother ran up to me for a hug.

“Honey, I’m so proud of you. You’ve come so far!” My mom spoke. I nodded, pulling away slightly. Her words reminded me of a song. And in the end, it doesn’t even matter.

“Thank you, Mom.” I said right before a honking brought us back to the reality that faced us. I sent Christy a horror stricken face as I clacked to the front porch, swinging open the door.

“Pictures!” My mother said, gathering the four of us together for a picture.

__

Cyrus’s Point of View 

I’m ready and nothing will stop me now. Who are you? Iron Man? What if she comes in here and all the guys are drawn to her? I wouldn’t be surprised. What if she comes in here angry already and all I do is make her even angrier. The possibilities are endless. I wiped my hands against my pants once more before getting into my car and heading for the dance.

Maverly’s Point of View

“Hey. I’m Christy.” Christy said and I couldn’t help but notice the pained look that crossed her face.

“I’m Sebastian.” Sebastian spoke, grinning at her as he shook her hand. Warner cut in, his jealously taking over. Sebastian noticed and winked at her before swaggering over to me.

“Hey, you look beautiful.” He said, winking at me as I rolled my eyes. Why I agreed to this? I don’t know, I guess I didn’t want to show up alone with Warner and Christy and then Leila and Riley.

“Let’s go!” Riley’s head popped out from the car window. He was sitting in the back and I rushed ahead to get the seat beside him.

“No pictures?” My mother shouted from behind me.

“No, Sorry mom!” I said, smiling sheepishly as we got into the car.

__

Miranda’s Point of View

“Everything’s set up right?” I asked Damien as he grinned down at me. He was hot, for sure, and definitely my type, but I’d rather be with Cyrus and if it all works out; tonight we’ll finish what we started.

“Yeah, she’s with Sebastian and her friends. They should be getting here any moment. But I just wanted to ask you… what about us?” He drawled. Now was the time.