Chapter 15: Mental Breakdown

Chapter 15

"It's been 2 days. Are you still ignoring him?" Christy asked as I literally rammed my way out of the classrooms. I gave her a pointed look.

"It's not ignoring, it's avoiding." I said, turning my body to face Christy as I walked backwards. I felt a sharp pain in my back as I fell forward.

"Watch where you're going, Loser!" Bethany said. I felt my heart kick into full gear as it was speeding now. It was her, Bethany; she was the one who saw Dean cheating on me. She saw everything! And she didn't tell me anything. What she did do? She turned to Miranda.  

"I'm not a loser." I stated, gritting my teeth. She smirked as she stared at me. The eyes that used to be familiar brown are now a cold black.

"You seem like one, I mean- two guys cheating on you?" She said, making a hissing sound with her teeth. People were surrounding us now, but I didn't care.

"One guy, Bethany, it was one guy." I corrected her.

"So you had no feelings for the other one? What was his name? Simon? Cyrus!" She said.

"None at all." I said through gritted teeth.

"Then why aren't you guys talking?" She asked nosily. I saw Cyrus staring from the corner of the crowd.

"I don't think that's any of your business, Bethany." I stated.

 "It is, though; I want to make sure he's the right guy for Miranda." She said. I felt my body fill with anger as it pulsed through my veins.

"Yeah, well he is. They're both scumbags, a perfect match. A match made in Heaven, don't you think?" I said, gripping my bag so tight I was afraid it would rip.

"I do think. But, Maverly, why is it that you always go for the jerks?" She asked, grinning.

"I don't know, Bethany. Why do you always go for the one night stands?" I asked, tilting my head curiously. Everyone was deathly silent, definitely noticing the unspoken penetrated tension.

"It's better than walking in on the guy you like making out with the girl you hate!" She replied hastily.

"I told you. I don't like him." I spat, annoyed by the accusations.

"Oh quit lying, we all knew you liked him. Didn't we?" She asked, looking around at the unmoved crowd. They stayed silent, watching her.

"They knew or should I say know?" She assured with a swipe of her hand, her eyes growing mischievous. How was I best friends with her?

"I do not like Cyrus Angelo, at all. We aren't friends, never mind secret crushes, okay Bethany?" I seethed as she smirked.

"Doesn't this remind you of that time in grade 8, where you liked Blake and at Tessa Harkin's party, you found him kissing Helena Ryder after he refused to kiss you during spin the bottle?" She said, reminiscing in my pain.

"Doesn't this remind you of that time when I stood up for you when your mother forced you to take ballet and you froze in front of all those people?" I hissed. I saw the spark in her eye and realized what she was going to say before she even said it.

"Remember that time I called the police when I saw your father beating you?" She sneered. A group of 'ooo's' busted out, followed by whispers. She promised she'd never bring that up, no matter what happened with our friendships.

"I hate you Bethany." I spat before running off with Christy and Riley on my heels.

Cyrus's Point of View

I stood in the crowd, listening to them argue. It was a vicious argue and I wasn't intending on breaking it up, I shouldn't.

"Remember that time I called the police when I saw your father beating you?" Bethany hissed. I saw the pain inflict on Maverly's face before she even said it. I saw as people rushed up to Bethany asking her questions.