Chapter 19: Friends and Funny Stories

Chapter 19

Cyrus’s Point of View

I sat at the lunch table, watching as Maverly animatedly talked to Christy and Riley. I smiled, wondering how I got so lucky. She was amazing, beautiful, interesting, and smart. And I’m… well… me.

She finally caught me staring as she blushed and looked away. I smiled, laughing at that. She looked so adorable when she blushed.

“Stop with the PDA.” Riley groaned, laying his head onto the table. “What PDA?” Maverly said, acting as if she knew nothing of the sort. “You know what I’m talking about… the staring and blushing. Eck, it’s gross.” He said, sticking his finger slightly in his mouth. I wasn’t even going to begin talking about how inappropriate that sentence and action sounded and looked.

I glared at him before turning towards Maverly, a fierce idea burning in my mind. I reached forward, grabbing her cheek in my hand and the side of her neck in the other, kissing her. I felt sparks. Like fireworks, or atomic bombs for better words. We kissed for a second before Christy piped in.

“Aww!” She said. When Maverly pulled away, she glared at me but then laughed as Riley got up and walked off in the direction of Leila, things were going good between them. Warner, Riley, and I were planning a triple date… wait that sounded wrong. Warner and Christy, Riley and Leila, and Maverly and I are planning a triple date together. Better, much better.

__

I plan to have Maverly meet Sean and Avery, soon. I looked over at her as we walked hand in hand to my car. She stared at me for a moment before turning away and laughing while smiling.

“What?” I demanded.

“Nothing.” She said, blinking innocently.

“What?” I repeated.

“It’s nothing, really.” She repeated, this time laughing even more.

“I demand you tell me.” I stated.

“Why?” She challenged, raising an eyebrow.

“If you don’t I’ll tickle you.” I replied, holding my hands out.

“You wouldn’t.” She stated, eyes narrowing.

“But baby, I so would,” I retorted, stepping closer to her. She stared at me before I spoke. “You asked for it.” I began tickling her stomach as she squealed and squirmed around, punching my chest and arms while laughing like a maniac.

“Tell me!” I exclaimed.

“No!” She defended.

“I could do this all day.” I lied. Eventually, tickling starts to hurt… on both ends.

“Okay, okay, I’ll tell you.” She said, smiling.

“What is it?” I asked as she looking into my eyes, a large grin appearing on her face.

“I realized how lucky I was to have you.” She spoke, biting her lip slightly as she swung our entwined hands forward and backwards.

“Not as lucky as I am to have you.” I stated, hugging her to my chest. She laughed slightly.

__

“Hey guys.” I said as Sean and Avery appeared at my door, grinning madly.

“Where is she?” Avery said, his eyes widening as he searched my house.

“Calm down, she’s in my room.” I stated, pushing him back slightly.  He was acting like a maniac.

“If we’re interrupting something…” Sean joked. I glared at him before rolling my eyes.