Chapter 18: Kissing and Forgiving

Chapter 18

I could go on forever about how great of a kisser Cyrus is, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Sparks spread throughout my veins, sending me into a field of paralysis before I even kissed back. His lips were soft and tasted like vanilla. I pulled away after a moment and let a goofy grin take over my features before I spoke.

"I have... to uhm... talk to Christy." I stuttered when he grinned at me. He nodded slowly, seeming to understand.

"D-don't forget to t-thank her," He mocked me. I ignored his mocking with an eye roll and I furrowed my eyebrows. "She helped me. And don't forget save me a dance, Maverly." He said, grinning. I nodded, walking away.

"You don't know how to listen, you little brat. I told you to move." Miranda's voice hissed before I even reached Christy. I turned towards her direction. Damien, the boy I'd seen at the party, was clinging to her side desperately and she pushed him away, stepping up. I noticed the hurt in his expression. I sighed.

"Miranda, I'm not here to fight with you. Tonight is the night I'm going to have fun. You should, too." I replied.

"How does Sebastian feel?" Miranda fumed, crossing her arms over her chest. I forgot about Sebastian.

"Sebastian and I were here as friends." I assured. She stuck her nose up.

"You'll be sorry that you ever even thought about dating Cyrus. He's rightfully mine and will always be mine, you remember that." She snapped, lowering her voice so I could only hear her. She thought this conversation was over.

"Listen, Miranda, you may think you're in love with Cyrus. But you aren't- if you really loved him, you wouldn't sleep around with so much guys. Maybe, just maybe, you'd have a chance at 'love' if you stopped telling guys you loved them when you don't mean it and setting the wrong image for yourself. I'm sorry if I ruined your 'happily ever after', Miranda, but I'm not going to let you ruin mine." I curtly remarked, walking away to find Christy.

__

"Hey." Christy said, grinning at me widely. I pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"For?" She encored, being the stubborn best friend she is; but I wouldn't have her any other way.

"For helping Cyrus." I explained, pulling away from the hug.

"With?" She added, placing a hand around her ear.

"What he did." I continued.

"Which was?" She encouraged.

"Talking to me and becoming my boyfriend." I ended.

"Boyfriend?!" She exclaimed. I nodded, confused at her words.

"He didn't tell me that one." She muttered, placing a hand on her forehead. I blinked at her, and then grinned widely.

"He kissed me, too!" I squealed girlishly. This seemed to amaze Christy by the way her eyes widened happily.

"I always knew you'd show your romantic side! Was he a good kisser? Did it involve tongue? Were his lips soft?" She questioned. I giggled girlishly.

"He's an amazing kisser, I swear- better than Dean, by a million points! And no, it didn't, so many people were watching us. I was still in shock from his big announcement to even realize that he was kissing me. And yes, like llamas!" I explained. That last analogy made Christy's eyebrows furrow before she laughed and smiled.

"I wish Warner would just kiss me already." She sighed, frowning.

"You're jealous." I teased.