82: The Babysitter

Just once I wished I'd be treated like a mature teenager. I understand the fact that I wasn't even half as old as most of my siblings but I had the right to know what in the holy Hades they had planned.
Dad and every sibling over one thousand years old were tucked away in his war room. Leaving me, Atlas, Luna and Silas out in the parlour. Electra and Annalise were sitting with us. We weren't speaking. I think we were all straining to hear at least some of the plans.
"It's just eating at me what they could be planning in there.." I said picking chewing on the tip of my thumb.
"Exactly.. Do you think it's because he's planning on keeping us from the fight?" Atlas asks
Silas tsk'd from the chair he was sitting on. I narrowed my eyes at him.
"You guys lack creativity." He said and got up
"Where exactly are you going?" I asked
"To put a cup to the door?" He said and held out his hand. One of the whiskey glasses flew from he table into his hand. He nudged it towards me in a mock cheers and spun on his heel down the hall. Atlas hesitated looking around at each of us before getting up and rushing after Silas.
I looked at the girls and sighed getting up.
"Stay here." I told them and followed after Atlas and Silas.
*
"What are they saying?" Atlas whispered to Silas.
"I can hear anything with you breathing down my neck." Silas grumbled I pulled Atlas back gently. Silas closed his eyes to focus more on the sounds. The curse on his eyelids making his eyes look like full black eyeless sockets.
"Something about expansion. Lots of visitors." Silas whispered to us. Atlas and I looked at each other.
"Of course that's what he's doing.." Silas muttered
"What's he doing?" I whispered
"Bringing all those Poseidon kids down here." Silas says glancing back at me.
"There's like twenty of them." I said Silas nodded
"Ready for a roommate?" He said I rolled my eyes
"Alright, that's about it." Silas stood up straight and grabbed the ruby door handle and pushed he door open.
"Why exactly do the older kids get to know about the sleepover but the younger ones get left out?" He said everyone's heads turned to face us. Atlas' eyes were wide with surprise. Silas stood in front of us. My eyes locked with Thanatos'.
"Boys I left you out of this for a reason." Hades said
"What reason is that exactly?" Silas asked tossing the whiskey glass from hand to hand.
"If you needed to know Dad would have-"
"Do me a favour and shut up." Silas snapped at Thalia cutting her off.
"That's enough, Silas." Dad says he stood from his spot at the table.
"I suppose this might have been a bad idea to split-"
"No. Dad it was a good choice." Alpheus says and directs his attention to Silas.
"Don't let this asshole make you think any different." He said Silas rolled his eyes
"Hmph. Cute." He said then stepped forward.
"I don't see how there can be a difference between results if the three of us weren't here. It's not going to change the fact that our dear allies will be coming to stay here. The only difference now is that we won't be blindsided by a bunch of merpeople pitching tent in our home." Silas said
"You don't understand. Do you even listen?" Alcaeus said
"I might have missed minor details. Fill me in?" Silas said pulling out a free chair. I glanced at Atlas before stepping forward and taking the other free chair beside Silas. Atlas hesitantly took the chair between me and Indigo.
"I suppose since you're here now.." Hades trails off Silas smiled mockingly at him folding his hands together on top of the table. I had to admire Silas for having the balls to crash this and bluntly mock everyone in the room on grot of their faces. He was still an asshole though.
"I was going to get your older siblings to sort through the kids. See who was trustworthy. Besides Poseidon we need a few of his kids we can trust to lead groups when the battle comes." Hades said
"I already nominated Milo." Than says looking to me. I didn't give him any reaction. I was tired of being the out of the loop younger brother.
"Who else do you have?" I asked directing the question towards Dad.
"We were thinking maybe Coral." Dad said
"But she'll defiantly want to fight with Milo." Niklaus said the room fell silent. I looked to Silas. He was staring at Dad. Almost looking for something in his features.
"I want my own group." Silas said Alpheus snorted
"You're too-"
"Please. Don't finish that no doubt ridiculous sentence." Silas cuts off Thalia once more holding a hand up to hush her.
"I already have a job for you during battle." Dad says Silas raises his brows.
"And what would that be?" He asked
"Watching over Tobias, Luna and Atlas." He said my eyes went wide. He couldn't be serious. Silas chuckled beside me.
"That's your job for me? That's why you dropped his barrier and let me out? To babysit?" He said in disbelief.
"Yes. And I'd appreciate it if you'd honour it and-" Silas slammed his fist on the table. I jumped and Indigo shrieked quietly.
"Bullshit." Silas spat Dad was staring at Silas. What? He didn't expect him to get pissed? He's a very experienced killer with the power of telekinesis and Dad's big plan was to play babysitter?
"I don't need a babysitter, Dad." I said "I can fight." I said
"I know you can and you will. But you'll have to stay with Silas." Dad says I rolled my eyes
"You can't be serious. I don't need someone to hold my hand in a fight." I said
"I've made up my mind Tobias." Dad says tightly leaving absolutely no room for any arguments. I sighed angrily. What happened to him trusting me? He's the one who gave me my sword and bow.
Silas pushed out his chair roughly and threw the whiskey glass across the table. Dad leaned out of its path at the perfect time for it to hi the wall behind him instead of his face.
When he left the room I followed him Atlas at my heels as well.
"What are we going to do?" I asked
"There is no 'we' but you're welcome to follow my lead." Silas said I looked back at Atlas. He nodded to me. I mean what other options did we have?