68: Dysfuncitonal

"Are you sure you want to go in there?" I asked for the final time.
"Yes, I'm fine." Electra's reply didn't change. So, with a sigh I opened the door, heads turned to see the new arrivals. I looked at Alpheus then Than. Alpheus looked fondly at her but didn't smile. Thanatos cleared his throat breaking the tension.
"Right. Since we have new arrivals," he says gesturing to Nico and Leo. "I thought it best to show them our plans." Thanatos says
"Why do you need us for that?" I asked raising my brows
"You're their friend. Keep them calm." He says
"We are calm." Leo points out but Thanatos ignores them continuing.
"And I need you," He points at Electra "Because of your father. You'll be able to explain each of the plans in depth if requested." He said my eyes flicked down to Alpheus.
"Why are you here?"
"Because I want to be here?" He says my immediate thought was Electra but I think he just wanted a chance to scare Nico and Leo.
Electra walked around the table. The only free seat? Between Alpheus and Thanatos. Is it bad I found it ironic and had to suppress a small smirk. Alpheus' feet were up on the table as he slouched his his chair. Thanatos was standing and leaning on the table. It was a circular table, it reminded me of the ones you see in video games.
I sat across from Thanatos beside Nico, as instructed.
Electra stole a glance at Alpheus' just as his eyes flicked down to her. She looked away immediately. Normally, if one of your friends was involved with one of your siblings it would irritate you but I knew I couldn't control Lex. I also knew how hard it was to find someone you trusted. I had to admit, knowing Alpheus and Electra had slept together more than once isn't a very gratifying feeling at the dinner table. Not that we ate around one since dad was still not home.
As Thanatos went through battle plans Alpheus looked to be lost in thought. His eyes focused on his hands that were in his lap. He glanced up at Electra who was looking at the plans on the table. His eyes slightly narrowed. I have to say, watching this was like watching a teen drama. Alpheus watched as Electra obliged Thanatos' requests with ease explaining a few plans to Leo. Nico could already figure them out being Electra's brother. Electra's eyes sometimes lingered on Thanatos and Alpheus was noticing. His eyes growing dark his jaw clenching.
There was the jealousy that wasn't there with Milo. Or was he just pissed at Electra? I couldn't tell Alpheus covered up his anger with sarcasm or humour I wasn't used to seeing it.
"I came up with a new plan last night, just a small adjustment." Thanatos says looking to Electra. I almost gasoed or laughed I don't know when his eyes flicked down to her lips for half a second.
"Let's see it." Electra says Thanatos looks up at Alpheus.
"Oh, I have it it here." He grabs a piece of paper from the table beside him and removed his feet from the table to lean over and hand the page to Electra. She took the slip careful not to touch his fingers. She stayed silent.
"You're welcome." Alpheus grumbles. Electra's eye scan the page.
"Where's the adjustment? I don't see it." She says Alpheus gets up standing behind her leaning over her chair to help her. He points it out.
"Here, there and right there." He says
"I don't get it.. Why make these changes?" Electra asks directing the question toward Thanatos.
"Because, with people here, we can circle them." Alpheus answers but Electra ignores him but takes his facts into account.
"I still think we should stick to the semi-circle. That way we don't risk getting sandwiched." She says looking up at Thanatos.
"But then that gives them chances to-" she cuts Alpheus off
"We don't have the numbers to maintain a circle safely." She says directing it at Thanatos again. Alpheus rolled his eyes behind her back. Narrowing his eyes at her once more. Electra and Thanatos negotiating on the plan. Alpheus looked livid. Consumed by jealous he walked over and gathered his sweater off the chair he was sitting on and left the room. I watched after him for a moment turning to face Electra. She glanced at the door her brows coming together.
I bit down on my tongue. I knew when to shut up.
***
Later, In the parlour Electra, Leo, Nico and I were playing crazy eights. Albus was reading a thick old book. I wondering if it was all of or origins. I had to remember to get my hands on that. Alcaeus was laying on the couch reading Jude The Obscure once again Alpheus was sat under his stretched out legs sketching in a sketchbook. I saw movement in the doorway and noticed it to be Pamela. She was wearing her usual harlot type clothing. She sauntered up to Alpheus putting two hands on his shoulder and leaning down whispering in his ear. A smirk spread across his lips. He leaned back to whisper in her ear. She bit her lip. He closed his pencil in his sketchbook and moved Alcaeus' legs to get up and follow Pamela out of the room. Gag.
I jumped when I noticed that Electra had been watching as well. She went from looking hurt to looking angry.
"Are you-"
"Fine." She cuts me off.
Nico and Leo, who had been arguing about who was a cheating hadn't paid attention.
Thanatos came out of the hall leading from the study and crossed the parlour. I saw Electra's eyes fill with mischief.
"Lex, don't." I said stopping her arm.
"I thought you said you didn't care who you're brothers were with?" She grumbled.
"I don't. But I care about you. Don't do this out of revenge." I said
"It's not just revenge, Tobias." She said "He's sweet." She said I rolled my eyes
"Lex, just-"
"Oh, Crazy Eights? Can I play next round?" Annalise comes over to us.
"Here you can have my cards." Electra said placing her cards onto the table. She got up. Annalise took her place.
"Lex." I grabbed her hand.
"Tobias.. Don't worry about my life okay?" She said "it's not just your's I'm worrying about." I said she rolled her eyes and took her hand out of mine and went after Thanatos.
What a screwed up situation. I sighed and tried not to worry about it. It wasn't really any of my business anyways. Since I was turned towards his sofa, I glanced at Alcaeus. He glanced at me and rolled his eyes.
Tell me about it.
*
Third person
Electra rushed out of the parlour. She looked at the four different hallways and a staircase. Which way did he go? She picked the stairs and smirked when she saw him on the landing. Mentally rewarding herself she climbed the stairs quickly.
He was in the hall when she caught up to him. She pushed him against the wall grabbing either side of his face and pulling their mouthes together. He grabbed her wrists and pulled them from his face pushing away.
Wow, tastes like strawberries.
"Electra." He said breathlessly
"What?" She said breathing heavily as well.
"This isn't right." He said
"I know you're like me." She says his brows come together "I know you're scared of being with someone. I am too." She said he raised his brows
"I've never been accused of being scared before." He says she smirked at the playful Thanatos breaking through. She leaned in to kiss him again but he stood up straight out of her reach.
"Ugh, what's your deal?" She grumbled
"Just because we're similar doesn't mean we have to be together." He said releasing her wrists.
"Do you not find me pretty? Is that it?" She asked
"No, gods no it's just.. You're my little brothers best friend and you've been involved with my other one. Does this not bother you at all?" He asks
"So you do think I'm pretty?" The fact that this is all she reacted to had to make Thanatos laugh.
"You're impossible." He said
"You're immovable." She says stepping closer.
"Nice to meet you pot, I'm kettle." She said
Thanatos' jaw set as he looked down at her. He swallowed. The tension was growing. He reached up, his hand cupping her cheek, his finger tips grazing her earlobe and hairline. She leaned her head into his hand. He leaned down and gently kissed her. She placed her hands on his waist. He tilted his head deepening it. She reached up to grip his wrist. His slow pace was teasing and frustrating. Now that he was actually kissing back, the kiss was thousands of times better. His other hand reached around her back. Pushing their hips together. Goosebumps formed on her skin sending chills down her back. She couldn't help thinking how grateful she was for the Archer men. When it came to girls.. They knew what they were doing. Their lips parted, Thanatos twirled them so her back was to the wall instead of his and kissed down her jaw to her neck. She was breathing heavily as she titled her head to the side exposing more of her neck. He pushed a couple brown ringlets off her shoulder she reached up into his hair.
Damn it was soft.
She tugged and he nipped at her skin. She bit her lip and continued to play with his silky hair. He kissed around to the hollow of her throat before standing up straight again, brushing his nose and lips against her face. Their lips grazing. They didn't kiss but stood there looking into each other's eyes. His eyes were black and her's reddish-brown.
She leaned in first. But he backed his head up out of reach.
"Satisfied?" He asked in a whisper against her lips.
"No." She said leaning in again but he leaned away once more.
"Greedy?" He asked as their foreheads touched
"I want what I want." She said he smirked
"I see, you're the take no prisoners type."
"What type are you?" She asked
"I'm the make you work for it type." He said and then he backed up.
His parting was so sudden it drew a gasp from her lips. He backed up and leaned against the wall across the hall from her. She was shocked. Make me work for it? He's so hot.
"Tease." She muttered he quirked his brows. She stepped over to his side, placing her hands on his chest. Leaning her head back to look up into his face. He looked down at her through hooded eyes maintaining his leaning pose. She leaned up and just as their lips brushed she felt him disappear in a cloud of smoke.
She whirled around he was standing in the middle of the hall one of his arms elegantly placed behind his back the other tracing his lips with his fingers.
"No fair!" Electra exclaimed he smirked he was officially enjoying it.
She rushed up to him pushing him against the wall. He grunted as his back hit the wall but then smirked as she leaned up and locked their lips he kissed her back for a few moments before turning his head away from her.
"You're horrible!" She said he kissed the tip of her nose.
"See you around." He said and sidestepped away from her and walking backwards before turning around and disappearing into smoke.
Wow. That was exhilarating.
**
Electra climbed the stairs turning down the hall towards her room. She was smiling like an idiot.. Her fingers feeling the last traces of the kiss on her lips.
"What's got you giddy?" She jumped it was Alpheus. He stood leaning in the nearby doorway his arms crossed across his chest.
"Nothing." She replied
"Tell me, do you enjoy my brother's company?" He said
"Excuse me?" She replied
"Thanatos. You're with him now.. Correct?" He said
"I wouldn't tell you if I was." she said he narrowed his eyes at her.
"Anyways, why are you criticizing me? Its not like you haven't slept with Pamela." She said
"I didn't sleep with her." He said stepping over to her.
"I didn't sleep with Thanatos." She spoke with ease.
They stood staring into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours.
"What if I said I didn't believe you?" He says
"I wouldn't care because what you believe isn't really a big concern to me." She said
"Have you kissed him?" He asked she grumbled rolling her eyes.
"This is stupid, Alpheus." She said he studied her
"Tell me." He demanded decision time. Lie and say no to avoid fighting between them or tell the truth and put two brothers at odds.
"No." The decision was quick.
"Final answer?" He asked she grumbled and rolled her eyes once more.
"Do you have any idea how childish your acting?" She asked "I surely wouldn't-" he grabbed the back of her neck leaning down and kissing her, her breath hitched. This is a lot of kissing for one day. Alpheus leaned back slightly pulling on her lower lip. He licked his lips his brows coming together.
"Hm. Tastes like promiscuity." He says
"You can't taste that." She growled "Why would you kiss me? Is this some-"
"You lied." Alpheus murmured Electra could hear her heart beating in her ears. Could Alpheus hear it too? She swallowed loudly.
"You can't tell that by kissing someone." She said hoping she sounded braver than she felt.
"You lied to my face." He said lowly "Without even blinking." He said
"Were you spying on me? Is that how you knew?" She asked Alpheus recovered from his hurt and narrowed his eyes.
"My mother was a witch, Electra. There's a lot of things you don't know I can do." He said
"What?" She said shocked half-witch, half-god? Those are super rare. That means Alcaeus is half witch as well.. She looked back up into his narrowed eyes.
"So, now that you know the truth about me, your turn. Did you kiss Pamela?" She asked
"Yes." He said Electra felt a pull at her heartstrings. No, don't get upset you're not together. You're free to move on.
"Does that bother you?" He asked Electra shook her head afraid to speak.
"Well, I'm convinced." He muttered Electra reached up and hit him. A sharp slap. He looked shocked.
"Was that your goal?" She growled "To hurt me?" She said he moved his jaw in circles. He shrugged. She felt her eyes brim with years. She turned away from Alpheus, putting her back to him. She wiped furiously at her eyes.
"Electra?" Alpheus said she shook her head.
"Lex?" He murmured and placed an arm on her shoulder she shook it off hugging herself.
He quickly stepped around her leaning down peering through the dark curtain of hair.
"Oh gods, I didn't mean to make you cry, Lex. I swear it I just-"
"You just what?" She snapped
"I just wanted you to see me.. That's all." He said
"Oh yeah? How does me seeing you feel now?" She growled
"Horrible. I'm so-"
"Don't." She growled and walked past him knocking shoulders with him on her way by. She wiped at her eyes as she shut the door to her room and slid down it to the floor.
This is why she didn't want to be with anyone. This is why she hated accepting someone into her heart. Leave them before they can leave you am I right? Alpheus' words haunt her. He was right. He was so right.. Is she bound to be alone forever?