54: The Right Decision

(Picture to the top or side is Andrew Garfield as Tobias Archer)
Chapter song: Fire Escape - Civil Twilight

Plans for the wedding were picking up quickly. It was going to be a huge event. Gods and Minor gods invited. Except for Zeus of course.
I thought my father wanted a small wedding but I guess Persephone convinced him otherwise. I leaned against the doorway watching them set up the outdoor garden Hades had made Persephone when they first got together. The outdoor area was huge. I was hoping to find Electra. Ever since she got her own room I hadn't seen her very often.
"By the scowl on your face I assume you don't approve?" I jumped and turned seeing Silas behind me. A chill ran down my spine.
"You assumed wrong." I said slitting my eyes slightly.
"So you approve of your father marrying her?" He asked
"Yes. I approve of our father marrying the woman he loves." I said Silas snorts
"Please." He says leaning against the other side of the doorway.
"It's impossible for people like us to love." He said
"Didn't you love that daughter of Ares?"
"Don't be ridiculous." He said his eyes dark
"Just because you're too much of a sociopath to love someone doesn't mean other people can't love." I said he rolled his black eyes.
"Tobias, let's be realistic. You can't tell me that if I killed your filthy mortal mother that your mourning would last more than two days.." He says I stood up straight grabbing the collar of his hoodie, I shoved his back into the doorway.
"Don't you dare touch my mother." I growled he smirked
"Relax, Little Brother. I didn't touch her." He said I still held him. "And I won't." He muttered I stepped back from him.
"I guess what my father said was true. You really are pure evil." I said he smirks
"I'm far from pure, brother." He said he took my wrists and roughly removed them from his sweater. He glanced towards the wedding set-up then turned around walking back down the hall.

Third person
"Just down here and.. Here we are." Alpheus says opening up the door, it swung open showing off a gym. Electra smiled immediately.
"Wow, there's so much stuff in here." She said Alpheus nodded standing in the doorway watching her walk back and forth between the equipment.
"This stuff looks barely touched." She said
"Oh, we don't use it that often." He said
"Who wouldn't? This stuff is amazing." Electra says
"Well, now you can.. Put it to good use." Alpheus says she turns
"You'd let me use all this stuff?" She asked Alpheus nodded
"Like I said, we don't usually use it.. You go ahead." Alpheus says
"Wow, thank you." She said running her hand along the counter top that had a box of energy bars and water bottles. Alpheus nodded. Walking to the counter to stand beside her.
"No problem."
Electra turned her head to look up at him, he was already looking down at her. A small smile tugged at his lips. Electra couldn't help but smiling back. She reached up and put her hand on the back of his neck, her fingers tangled in his hair. She leaned up and kissed him. Finally, it'd happened. Alpheus raised his hands to her cheeks his finger tips in her hair as his palms cradled her jaw. Electra put her hands on his chest.
Within the next minute, they leaned back. Electra snapped out of it immediately.
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." She said and moved away from him. She tried to leave the gym Alpheus reached out grabbing her arm. She turned
"It's okay. Really Electra.. It is." He said she shook her head removing her arm from his grip.
"Just.. Leave me alone." She said and quickly left the room. Alpheus was confused. More than he'd been ever when it came to a girl. Didn't she kiss him? Why did she tell him to leave her alone?

Tobias
"So, Dad, how's the wedding plans coming?" Atlas asked breaking the silence over dinner.
"Oh, ask Persephone.." Hades replied Atlas turned his head to look at her. She finished drinking and went on telling him about plans. Thanatos was to walk Pamela out, Niklaus would walk Thalia, Albus with Indigo, Alpheus with Pamela's friend Annalise, Alcaeus was walking with Luna and I was walking with Electra. Persephone had put Joy in her wedding party so Atlas could walk with her.
"So I take it I'm not allowed to go?" Silas said Hades perked up looking to Silas who was standing in the doorway. He had his jacket pulled over his shoulders.
"I didn't think you'd be interested." Hades said
"I'm not, believe me. I'm heading out anyways." He said
"No your not." Hades says abruptly Silas' brows come up.
"Is that concern I'm detecting, Father?" Silas says
"Yes, it is Silas. You must stay here where you are protected." He said
"Oh yeah, it's going to be really safe in here tomorrow with all those guests. What if someone is working for Zeus and attacks?" Silas asks when no one says anything he nods. "I bet none of you thought about that did you?" He says
"You're still safer here. Please, son."
"Don't." Silas growled "You can't call me that.. Not anymore." Silas says with a cold glare.
"Fine. You don't have to come to the wedding but stay please?" Hades says
"You can't keep me here." Silas says
"You're right and I won't try. I'll just hope you make the right choice." Hades says
"I already have." Silas said and turned on his heel and disappeared around the doorway. Hades actually looked hurt and disappointed.
"Rehearsals are tomorrow at noon, if you'd all please come down to the garden then." She said
Silence filled the air once more. No one broke it this time.