Chapter 26

I couldn't believe it was over. We had all just walked into the funeral of Scott McCall, and I was an emotional wreck. Thankfully, Stiles was there to be one with me. As they lowered Scott's body into the ground, I gripped Stiles' arm to keep me from breaking down. Allison, Stiles, and I had already spoken about Scott, so I was thankful that the hardest part of all of this was over. Once the ceremony was done, I hopped in the passenger seat of Stiles' jeep.

"I can't believe he's gone." he said softly. I nodded my head in agreeance. It had been almost a month since that horrible night, and I still couldn't truly understand. Allison hadn't been talking to us much lately, and I think she was in the most shock. Stiles had a feeling of what was going on before it happened, so he wasn't as surprised as Allison who thought that we were just going to hunt the twins.

My parents had been letting me leave whenever I wanted, so I'd been spending every second possible with Stiles. My mom and dad didn't care where I went anymore, as long as I was home by curfew. The three of us hadn't been at school for a while, but I think I was almost ready to go back. I didn't know how long the others needed, but I would give them as much time as possible. I had enough credits to secure me through this year. Plus, summer was only a month away. I had a feeling that nobody would be rushing us back for the last few weeks.

"Hey, Stiles, where are we going? I thought you were just dropping me off."

"You'll see." He responded. The Jeep halted to a stop in front of a playground. We both exited the car and I followed Stiles, who sat down on a bench. I sat down next to him before he began his explanation.

"This is where I met Scott for the first time." I looked around, admiring their friendship. I could feel it in my stomach, and knew the tears were approaching. "We were both 4 years old, and our moms saw us playing and started talking. Soon after that we were playing together everyday." At the mention of his mother, I knew he was hurting badly. I rubbed his arm to comfort him. "Right after my mom died, I met this girl. Her name was Lydia Martin. And ever since the day I first saw her, I told myself that I would date her. No matter how long it took, I would date Lydia Martin. One of the only two women that have ever been in my life." Silent tears streamed my face as I looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and kissed me and I lifted my arms up around his neck. I felt a slight drizzle on my arm, and before we knew it we were in the middle of a downpour. I tried to stand up and run to the car but Stiles grabbed my hand, standing up next to me before pulling me back into him. I couldn't take this cliche rain kiss moment, but I decided to just go with it. We both laughed as he grabbed my hand and we slowly strode back to the Jeep.

When we got in the car, we discussed how ridiculous that was and giggled about it. He headed back onto the road towards my house, and I gasped when he swerved. There was something in the middle of the road. We were now tipped on our side in a small valley next to the road and I was looking around in confusion. Stiles was right in my face, making sure I was ok. I climbed out his side, which was now the top, and we both saw the figure duplicate into two. We knew what this meant. I grasped onto him and he put his arm around me, holding me against him. I felt his pulse rising and stood on my tip toes to whisper in his ear.

"Stiles, I'm ok. We're ok. Now calm down, everything is fine."

Stiles took a step forward, and I was still pressed against him, so we could now see the alpha twins clearly.

"You killed Scott." He yelled, his voice quivering.

"And we can kill her too. And then you." Drew threatened. My heart was beating faster than it ever had before, now that I knew what these beasts could do.

"You won't touch her." Stiles challenged.

"We can see about that." Josh said.

"Stiles, it's fine. Let's go." I encouraged him, knowing what would come next. "Why do you want to kill us? Shouldn't you want as many of your kind alive as possible?"