Chapter 3

Allison, Scott, and Stlies showed up at my house at 7:30.

"I've been waiting here for 45 minutes! Ever hear of picking people up early so that you arrive on time?" I huffed out.

"Our reservation isn't until 8. I thought we could hang out a bit before!"

Allison exclaimed, clearly trying to make me less miserable. She then nodded her head to the left, gesturing for me to follow her. We walked up to my room, where Allison shut the door behind her.

"Is it really that bad? Stiles is a great guy, and it's not like you have to kiss him. This isn't even a real date, plus Scott and I are here. What's the worst that could happen?" I stared at Allison, taking in her words. I needed to do this for Scott and Allison. I needed to do it for Stiles.

"You're right, I'm worrying too much. It's just one night." I said, not sure if I was talking more to myself or Allison.

"It's just one night" she repeated.

"We'll have two large pepperoni, one medium sausage, and some cheese fries" Stiles told our waitress, looking around at us between words to make sure he got everything right.

"Is that all for you tonight?" asked the waitress. Stiles nodded and turned to smile at her.

"Thank you, uh," Stiles began as he squinted from the back of the table at her name tag, "Malinda." She completely lot up and nodded her head politely as she walked away from our table, stopping a few times to look back at Stiles.

"I say we trade places" I suggested, interrupting the silence.

"What? Who?" Stiles eagerly questioned, confused by my statement.

"That girl and I. She's obviously into you" I joked, but Stiles didn't think it was funny.

"Are you serious, Lydia? I don't even know the girl. And why would you think she was into me?" he angrily affirmed. I didn't know what to say, so all I did was stare. After a long string of silence, Stiles stood up and began to walk away, leaving me behind with the happy couple. Right before he exited the restaurant, he stopped and turned around. "I'm here for you Lydia. Not some random waitress. And maybe if you opened your eyes, you would realize I've always been there. But you still don't see me."

And then he left.