Chapter 5

I checked my watch, peeking out the window just to make sure he wasn't here. It was 11:46. 6th period had started three minutes ago and he still wasn't here. I sat around for 10 minutes to wait, just incase he had forgotten. You skipped 6th period for him? I came to my senses, realizing how stupid this idea was. I hopped off of the table I was sitting on and walked over to the door, mentally shunning myself because of this. I tried to leave, but somebody was on the other side trying to open it as well. Stiles.

We sat down at the table and I waited for him to say something, but he just sat there. After a long, awkward silence he finally spoke.

"Did you tell me to come here just to make me feel even worse about what happened? Because incase you didn't realize, I already feel horrible." I must have looked so confused, because he then added, "What?"

"Did you say that you felt horrible?" I questioned.

"Yeah, why? I'm apologizing you know, so you should probably either forgive me or I'll leave."

"I actually came here to apologize to you" I slowly told him. He looked startled, like I had just slapped him in the face.

"Oh, um..." Stiles stuttered, "I, uh, wow. I thought you were mad at me."

"I thought you were mad at me!" I proclaimed a little too loudly, making it sound like I was screaming. I collected myself as Stiles looked at the ground, clearly surprised by this conversation. "Sorry, I didn't mean to, uh-"

"Don't" Stiles said. He got up and walked out of the classroom, leaving me alone yet again to feel guilty. This wouldn't happen, not again. I wouldn't let it. I grabbed my purse and skittered out of the room, running to catch up to Stiles.

"Wait! Stiles!" I screamed. Stiles stopped and waited for me to catch up, then turned to look at me.

"Did you seriously ever think I was mad at you Lydia? What I said might've been in part true, but it's not your fault. You are the most popular girl in school and most people didn't even know my name until a few weeks ago. I was just angry that you thought I would like some random girl just cause I was nice to her. You are the only one I care about Lydia. You are the only thing in this world that I love. And I don't care if you don't feel the same way, hell, you'll probably never even have on crush on me! And that's ok. I was only keeping my distance from you so that I didn't make things even worse. And I'm sorry." He finally looked up and our eyes met. I never knew how much I meant to him. His eyes were beginning to water, and that's when I knew that he did. He loved me.

That moment is when I opened my eyes. I had finally seen him.