Chapter 17-

Chapter 17-

"Is daddy coming now, whore? You have been calling him for over an hour already, and he's still not here to rescue his little princess," Marcos said with a chuckle. I whimpered quietly as I tried to back myself up even more from them.

 Jerry took out a cigarette from his pocket as he leaned against the wall with a grin.

"Put on some clothes, bitch," Jerry threw what remains of my clothes to me. I stared at the clothes for a while then I put them on, shaking slightly.

I whimpered further as Jerry passed a cigarette to Marcos who lights it up and then walked towards me. 

I coward in a corner, wishing it would swallow me up. Marcos smiled at me knowing that I didn't like how close he was.

Can I go home now?

If I cry out, will anyone hear me?

"What's the matter, Reina? Don't want one?" he laughed and then pulled me by my hair, making me cry out in pain. I did not know what to do but try to fight back even though it is useless. I cried out as he burned the side of my face with the cigarette.

"Damn, you look so good when you're in pain. Fuck, want another go?" Marcos asked Jerry. I widened my eyes and started to cry harder.

"Please, no more!" I choked out. 

I don't think I can.

"Tell you what. If you can get away from us in time, then we'll let you go. If we catch you, we go another round," Jerry smirked as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

I pushed myself up even though every muscle in my body wanted to shut down and run as fast as I could, but I know I could not outrun them.

I never could.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up to someone shaking me. 

I moaned and opened an eye to see my sister London. She looked with pure concern as I continued to stare at her in a daze.

"London? What's wrong?" I asked in a raspy voice. My voice cracked and I felt the tears still sliding down my cheeks.

It is a bit after eight o'clock. 

I was lying on the couch, and the T.V was still on. 

I groaned when I realized I must had knocked out when I got home from working shift at Starbucks after school. None of my homework is done yet, and it did not make it any better that it's a Monday night which meant there was a lot to do.

"You were yelling and crying, and I couldn't wake you up. I was about to call an ambulance or something," she said sounding relieved. 

I've never seen her this worry before...but then again she was never home until recently so she never really experienced what kind of night terrors I go through almost every time I fall asleep. 

"Sorry to get you worried."

"Don't worry about me...I'm more worried and concerned about you and your health. Have they...have they always been this bad?" she asked the last part in a whisper, almost as if she was terrified of the answer.

I didn't look at her but I knew I shouldn't lie to her about the truth.

"Yeah, every time I sleep."

"I wish I can help you Reina. God that must have been so...livid to relive through," she weakly said as I pulled my knees into my chest.

"Don't worry about it. I don't really like to talk about this. Let's change the topic. What time did you get home?"