The Carrot and the Porqupine

Ashlyn stared up at the boy in front of her—no more like towering over her. Jesus she was short. Tyler's brown eyes glared at her, a scowl permanently etched on his face.

"Oh. It's you." He spat.

Ashlyn sighed. She rolled her eyes. She get that she hurt Tyler but—come on. This was getting a little bit ridiculous.

"Can you please NOT?"

"Don't what? Huh? Be mad? About what you did?" Tyler scoffed.

Ashlyn scowled. Seriously what was his deal? "What is your problem?"

"My problem—"

"No! I mean in general! Why—Why are you angry all the time huh? So mad?" Ashlyn snapped.

"I don't have to tell you anything—"

"Right because it's not my business right?!"

"It Isn't!"

"God—how the hell does Logan stand you?! Your a prick!"

That comment made Tyler snap. He glared at her, stepping closer and towering over the shorter girl.
"You don't think I KNOW THAT?!" He shouted. "I GET IT?! OK? I DON'T NEED YOU RUBBING IT IN MY FACE—I DON'T NEED TAYLOR TO TRY AND GET ME TO FORGIVE YOU  I DON'T NEED LOGAN TO TRY AND GET ME TO TALK TO HIM. I DON'T NEED AIDEN TO BOTHER ME AND I ESPECIALLY DON'T NEED BEN! I DON'T NEED THEM—IM FINE ON MY OWN."

Ashlyn paused. Her ears hurt from his outburst—but it made her think. Tyler...was he genuinely hurt too?

That was a dumb question.

Of course he was. They were friends too.

Tyler turned away to walk away from Ashlyn, but Ashlyn grabbed his wrist before he left.
"Wait!"

Tyler turned back to her, glaring.
"What? Gonna apologize? Huh? Gonna try and get me to forgive you?"

"No."

Tyler looked at her, confused.
"I'm sorry?"

"It's clear you don't want an apology." Ashlyn said bluntly. "And I know nothing I say is going to make you any less angry. You don't want an apology, and that's fine. It's fine for you. To be angry at Me. I'm angry at me to. And I don't expect you to forgive me."

Tyler stared blankly at her. Dumbfounded. She...wasn't going to apologize? She...what? It took Tyler a minute for her words to sink in. He clicked his tongue, crossing his arms and looking away.
"Well your right. I don't forgive you. And I'm mad. Real mad. You hurt Tay. And Logan. And....." Tyler hesitated. "Me as well. I...your my friend. Family maybe. It...."

Tyler groaned, rubbing his eyes. "God I'm bad at this..."

Ashlyn chuckled. "Guess that's something we have in common."

Tyler smiled. Ashlyn raised an eyebrow. "Whoa you have teeth? I would've never known."

Tyler scowled again, rolling his eyes. "Oh shudup."

Ashlyn smiled. "So...friends?"

Tyler sighed. He stuck his hand out, shaking Ashlyn's. "Friends."

"Cool."

The two smiled. Not quite enemies, and not quite friends. No.

Family.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Oh and by the way I heard about what Aiden did."
"SONOFA—"

Yup. Family all right.

(A/N: sorry it's so short. Am very tired. It'll be longer tomorrow!)