The party

"Cakes finally done!" Taylor said, victorious. She and Ben were covered in icing and various different sprinkles, and Ben almost burnt the cake—but they had saved it! The cake was a chocolate vanilla cake—one of Aiden's favorites. It was covered in yellow icing and rainbow sprinkles covered the side. Taylor had drawn a smiley face on top of it—failing at writing the words 'happy 16th birthday Aiden!' On it. Ben took over and fixed it though.

Tyler scoffed. "Bout damn time. We've only been waiting an hour,"
Tyler and Logan had finished the cookies pretty quick, and Taylor had them put them to work decorating the downstairs. It was a little time consuming, considering how big the Clark house was.
Tyler and Logan didn't have a problem though, Logan talking to Tyler the entire time. Tyler had only half listened to what he was talking about though, glaring at Taylor and Ben every so often. And...staring at Logan a little bit. Not that he would ever admit it. Hell no—you'd have to drag him to his grave before he ever admitted that.

"Well excuse your grumpy ass—I wanted it to be perfect!" Taylor defended herself.
"Mm." Tyler scoffed. "Yeah sure. Wanted it to be perfect and totally not chatting with Ben half the time."
Taylor's cheek flushed pink. "TYLER SHUT UP OR I SWEAR ILL COME OVER THERE AND DO IT FOR YOU!"
"Oh yeah and what are you gonna do huh? Stare me down angrily?" Tyler mocked.
"THATS IT!"
Taylor leaped over the counter, chasing her (much faster) brother down. Logan and Ben looked to each other and sighed.
"Should we put the cake on the table or in the fridge for now?" Logan asked, putting the cookies on the table.
"It's probably best we put it in the fridge so Aiden won't be tempted to grab a slice before we all sing happy birthday." Ben typed out.
Logan nodded, carefully putting the cake in the fridge(mostly because he didn't trust Ben not to drop it).

Taylor sat on top of her brother, grinning as he struggled to get her off.
"Taylor get your ass off of me!" Tyler snapped.
"Mm...what's the magic word?" Taylor grinned evily at him, crossing her arms.
Tyler glared at her. "Hell no."
"Yes."
"No."
"YES."
"NO!"
"YES!!"
"GODDAMNIT TAYLOR IM NOT SAYING THAT!"
"SAY IT!"
"OH MY GOD FINE! YOU TAYLOR HERNANDEZ ARE THE SUPERIOR TWIN IN EVERY-WAY SHAPE AND FORM, AND I TYLER HERNANDEZ ARE NOT!"
"AND?"
"AND YOU LOOK LIKE A DEAD RACCON'S ASS! GET OFF!"
"WELL IM THE PRETTIER TWIN SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU?! AN UGLIER VERSION OF FUCKIN PENNYWISE?!"
"FUCK YOU!"

"What the fuck..?" Aiden asked as he stepped through the door, Ashlyn in tow. Ashlyn awkwardly put her hands in her pockets. Well um...fuck?
"Hey Aiden! Don't mind me teaching my dumbass twin a lesson—ASHLYN!" Taylor squealed, standing up and stepping on Tyler's back as she spotted Ashlyn. She ran over and hugged Ashlyn.
"Agh! No hugging no hugging!" Ashlyn practically screeched(seriously she's like a goddamn raptor).
Taylor smiled brightly and squeezed her smaller friend tighter.
"I didn't expect to see you here! Did Aiden invite you?!"
"Uh..yeah," Ashlyn said, trying (and failing) to get the ray of sunshine that was Taylor Hernandez off of her.
"Oh my gosh this is gonna be so much fun! Come on come on! We were just finishing setting everything up—Aiden you got the snacks right?"
"Right here," Aiden said, holding up the bag.
"Great!" Taylor said, stepping on her brother as she walked to kitchen to where Logan and Ben were. Ashlyn stepped over him, and Aiden jumped on his back.
"OW! SONOFA—ALL OF YOU GET YOUR ASSES OFF!" Tyler sat up, knocking Aiden off.
"Guys please don't torture Tyler.." Logan said, chuckling a little to himself. God, this day was gonna prove to be a really fun one.

As the hours ticked by, their little 'party' progressed greatly. They started with a few board games (which ended in a fight between Aiden and Tyler over monopoly), and played some video games and watched movies before it was time for cake. They sang Aiden happy birthday, and Tyler snuck up behind Aiden, shoving part of his face in the cake.
"SCREW YOU TYLER! THIS CAKE IS DELICIOUS!" Aiden shouted as he rose up from the cake, hair and face covered in yellow frosting. He licked some of it off of him.
"Ew! Gross Aiden!" Taylor said.
Ben sighed, rolling his eyes a little.

Ashlyn watched the groups antics, smiling as she did so. They were all so happy together. She felt relaxed with them. Not like the uncomfortable awkwardness she felt earlier. No. She felt happy. Like

Like they actually were her friends.

Aiden noticed her smile, a small blush creeping up his cheeks. She looked so pretty like that. Aiden didn't know what he was feeling—but he liked it. It got his heart pumping and pounding—but not in the way it did when he did a crazy stunt. No—this rush felt good. Really good.

Aiden craved it.

"Hey, since the cake's done with—why don't we all go and do some swimming?" Ben suggested.
"Oh my gosh yesssssss!" Taylor squealed. "That would be so much fun!"
"I'm down," Tyler said.
"Hell yeah I'll grab my water guns from upstairs!" Aiden said, already leaping to the stairs.
"That could be fun.." Logan said, wiping down the table that had gotten messed up during the little cake disaster. Tyler helped him out—they were guests not animals.
"It could be...a little fun." Ashlyn said.
"Great! Then it's decided! Let's get changed!" Taylor said happily.

Ben smiled as he watched them scatter. He was a little salty about the Ashlyn situation, but for now, it would be fine.
For now. They could just have fun.

(A/N: sorry for the short chapter! I was rushing a little to get this out to you all. TvT)