Courage

Logan froze when he saw Barron and his lackeys come through the door. What we're they doing here? Barron hadn't bothered him lately thanks to Tyler threading to tell coach—but he still scared Logan shitless. Logan kept quiet, praying that they wouldn't spot him.
"We'll that's annoying—what the hell is he doing here?" Tyler asked. His voice snapped Logan out of his little trance.
"Who?" Taylor asked.
Her face fell when she saw Barron, and Aiden rushed to cover Ben's face before he lost it.
"Oh." Taylor grumbled. "It's Barron."
"What the hell is that knock off opossum doing here?" Aiden asked, glaring at Barron but keeping Ben's face covered.
"No idea, but I don't he'll do anything," Tyler scoffed a little. "That coward hasn't messed with Logan since I threatened to 'tattle' to coach,"
Logan stood up. Taylor held the tickets in her arms.
"Still, it's awkward isn't it?" Taylor said.

Logan tuned there conversation out. He couldn't take his eyes off a odd one in the group—a shorter boy with a blue baseball cap. Logan had seen him hanging around with Barron a few times in school—but this just confirmed his suspicions.
"....Maybe we can go and spend the rest of the day at Aiden and Ben's?" Taylor suggested.
Logan only caught the tail end of it, but as much as he wanted to run—be a coward and hide behind his friends forever—he couldn't do it. He couldn't stand by as he watched someone else go through what he had.
"No." Logan said firmly. "See that boy in the blue hat? I don't think he's apart of their group.."
"What makes you think that?" Tyler asked.
"I....Barron he..tricks you into doing your work by pretending to be your friend. Whenever he invited me to 'hang out' somewhere—I would just end up doing it for him. And when that stopped working—it turned physical." Logan explained, his fist clenching a little as he remembered how Barron had taken advantage of his kindness.
Tyler stayed silent for a moment, thinking. He looked at Logan. He hadn't seen the nerd this—what was a good way to describe it? Fired up? No. Mad. It felt weird to see him like that—he was usually so sweet. He thought about what Logan said. He knew Barron was bad—but to manipulate people like that?
Tyler sighed.
"Well, whatever you need to do—we'll all be here to back you up, ok?" Tyler said, smiling at Logan. Honestly? He felt proud of the nerd for doing this.
"Yeah! that scrabby raccoon doesn't know what's coming to him!" Aiden said as Ben took his hands off his face, nodding in agreement.
Logan smiled at them. They really cared about him, didn't they?
"Thanks guys.." Logan said, smiling.

It was time to go and face his fears.

(A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is so short—testing kicked my ass and im tired. Tomorrow it'll be longer I promise! Also—4k reads! Thank you so much for that! :D)