37 Early rise

Kate POV

I yawned profusely before opening my eyes. To my surprise, it was already quite light outside. Or at least it looked that way through the gap in the curtains. And then I noticed that the lamp on Ro's side of the bed was on. I looked at the time and it was already past 8 o'clock. Was Destin still asleep? That wasn't like him. He was usually an early riser.

But then I heard my husband's voice talking quietly next to me. I turned around and saw that Roman had our little one on his pulled-up knees and was babbling softly to him.

"Oh such little stinky feet. Phew... So many little toes." Roman said as he held Destin's feet in his hands and kept kissing them and making faces at him.

Destin smiled and cooed at his daddy and he was so happy about it every single time. I just loved watching the two of them. It made my heart whole. I couldn't help but smile myself.

"Good morning, my boys. How long have you been up?" I asked as I turned to them before sitting up in bed and leaning into the pillows.

I gave Roman a good morning kiss and then gently stroked Destin's hair. He reached for my hand and then began to suck on my finger. The little man was obviously hungry, even if he wasn't getting fussy yet.

"Good morning, baby girl. Only a few minutes. I didn't want him to wake you up. We were just about to go to the kitchen to make him a bottle," he replied.

"You don't have to now. Right, peanut? You prefer the fresh stuff, don't you?" I said with a laugh.

"He's a man, what do you expect?" Ro chuckled as he handed me the baby, but only after giving him a kiss on the forehead.

I unbuttoned my pyjamas and started to breastfeed my baby. He drank eagerly like he was starving.

"Do we still have a lot of packing to do?" Roman asked as he snuggled back into his pillow while watching us.

"No... I don't think so. I have everything for him and just need to pack a few things for myself. I'm looking forward to seeing how he likes the flight. I hope he won't scream the whole time," I replied.

"I hope so too. We'll manage, I think. I'm really looking forward to you coming with me again. It's been a while and of course it's a bonus that I don't have to miss either of you," he said.

"I know what you mean. Oh, and I've spoken to Na. She and Jimmy are watching Destin for a few hours tomorrow night. Since we didn't do anything for our anniversary, I thought it was time to make up for it. What do you think?" I asked.

"It sounds like a good idea. But... are you really ready to leave him alone? It would be the first time and so far you've always been against it." Roman replied a little hesitantly.

I knew what he meant. His family had already offered to look after the baby a few times, but so far it had been too big a step for me. I didn't want to be away from him for even an hour. But now that he was almost four months old, I had to admit to myself that it was time to do something just for us again. After all, I wasn't just a mommy. I wanted to be a woman who spent time alone with her husband, away from home.

We needed the opportunity to do something for ourselves as a couple. And the dates we had at the house really weren't enough.

"I know, I know. But I have to start at some point. And I don't want to neglect us. I know I'm a bit crazy about the baby. I mean... I even take him to the gym with me although he would sleep better in his crib than in the stroller." I laughed, even if it was a small, nervous laugh.

"Even though I would never say so... but I can't deny that you're right. I also find it hard to leave him alone. We're both totally crazy about the little guy. But you're right, we need time together.

That reminds me... I actually want to take you away on your honeymoon after the wedding. Do you think we can leave him with my mom for a week?" Roman wanted to know.

I sighed deeply and looked at Destin. It wasn't an easy answer.

"Well... It's still six months until then. At that point, he'll be almost 10 months old... I guess... well... God I don't know. Right now I would say it will be okay... Hang on... Have you planned anything already?" I replied.

"Maybe... And we can decide then. He can come with us if we want. You don't have to worry about it." he said with a laugh.

"You really are something, Mr. Reigns, and I love you for it. We love Daddy, don't we?" I replied.

Destin responded with the cutest little sneeze. And that ended with him gushing milk all over me.

"Oh boy..." I said.

"Now that's what I call an answer. Wait I'll get a towel, baby." Ro laughed.

"Next time aim for daddy." I whispered to the baby.

"I heard that." he called out to us.

"Yeah, so?" I laughed.