28 I knew I loved you

Kate POV

"Wait... What now? I have to tell you something first." I stammered, completely taken by surprise by what I saw in front of me.

"Oh, I already know, baby girl." Roman chuckled.

"I mean... yes, I know, or rather I thought you know, but that's not right." I replied as I knelt in front of him.

"It's okay, baby. I can't tell you how happy I am." he said and put his free hand on my neck.

"No it's not okay, Ro. I wanted to tell you in person. In my own words. And that was taken from me." I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes again.

"Never too late. Then tell me now." he replied calmly.

"We're... we're having a baby. I... I'm pregnant." I said softly, my eyes never leaving his face for a second.

Roman's eyes began to light up and his smile widened, even though that was hardly possible. Then he pulled me into his arms before whispering in my ear.

"This is the best news I've ever gotten, Kate. I love you and our baby. And I want to marry you. So can I have an answer please?" he said.

"I... oh my god. I'm so sorry... Have you thought this through? I mean, I know we haven't been together that long and I definitely don't want you to think I tricked you or anything." I babbled on.

"Kate, look at me! I know you and I trust you. And the fact that you're worried is the best proof that you're not. And to be honest... I've been meaning to do this for a while... to ask you, I mean. That's why I've had the ring on me the whole time. I was hoping that the perfect opportunity would present itself. And guess what! This is by far the greatest opportunity and reason.

And now, please put me out of my misery. Katherine Jean Westmore, will you marry me?" he replied.

"Yes! I love you and I want to marry you," I said.

"Thank you," Roman replied, placing the ring on my finger before kissing me passionately.

Afterwards, we held each other in our arms for a while. Unwilling to let go and let the moment pass. At some point, however, he lifted me into his arms and carried me into the house. Roman set me on my feet, but then immediately pulled me back into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sighed in relief as I rested my head against his chest.

"How do you feel?" he asked after endless minutes.

"I'm pretty much all over the place. But right now I can't believe this is happening," I replied.

"Just know that everything is meant to be. I'm here and I'm not planning to go anywhere. In fact, I had some time to do some research on the flight and if you don't have any plans tomorrow, then we'll go to the city hall tomorrow to get married." Roman said.

"What, you want to?" I asked.

"Absolutely. I know that after everything that's happened to you, well, it would probably be quite triggering to wait and plan a wedding. That's why I want us to be husband and wife, to ease your anxiety. Then we can plan a big wedding with peace of mind and no pressure while we wait for our baby to arrive.

We're in Georgia, which means we don't have a waiting period as long as we have the paperwork. So... what do you say, baby girl... Will you marry me tomorrow?" he explained.

"You're really incredible, you know that? And yes, I would be honored to become your wife tomorrow, Roman. Because I love you," I replied.

"I loved you before I met you. Oh... that reminds me! Hey Google! Play Savage Garden - I knew I loved you. Dance with me, Katie." he said to my Google Home.

Shortly after, our song played. The soft melody filled the room as we slowly moved back and forth. I had completely forgotten about this song until Ro played it for me a few months ago. And it was that moment when we both knew that this was our song. There was simply no other song that matched us like this one.

And even though he was right that the wedding tomorrow would be very emotionally relieving for me, I knew that I definitely wanted to have a big wedding where we could dance to it like we were doing now. But then in front of our family and friends. And with our baby with us.

There was still time for that though. Because right now, we both just wanted to do what was best for the two... three... of us.