19 You have to believe me

Roman POV

I was so happy to hear those words from her, but I also knew how hard it had been for her to even allow it. It was a big step. And her body and emotions made her aware of that.

Kate broke out into uncontrolled sobbing as she sank to the floor. I immediately followed her and wrapped her in my arms. She laid her head against my chest. Then she clung to my shirt.

"Shh... It's all right, baby girl. Let it out. I'm here." I said gently as I cradled her.

I hoped that she would calm down, but it wasn't that easy.

"What happened? What did you do now?" I suddenly heard Jimmy's voice behind me.

"Nothing at all. It's going to be fine. Kate's just a bit overwhelmed. Leave us alone." I explained quickly.

"Hey, you must have done something. Ain't no woman gonna cry like that for no reason." he replied, sounding worried as he knelt down next to us.

"Long story." I said quickly as I rubbed Kate's back, still rocking her.

"Yeah... Maybe you should take her to your locker room.... You know, for some privacy." He then replied.

"Good thinking. Come with me, baby..." I said and picked up my crying girlfriend.

She clung to me and continued to cry. I was starting to get worried. That couldn't mean anything good, could it? I just had to wait until she had felt everything she was feeling and released it.

And so I walked us to my locker room and locked the door. Then I sat down on the sofa with Kate in my arms. I reached for her handbag because I knew she always had a pack of tissues with her. She thanked me quietly before blowing her nose. It took a while for her to get calmer.

"Hey... I know how hard this was for you... but you know it's the right time. Because otherwise you wouldn't have been so scared. And I promise you, you don't have to say it again if it's too much for you...

Just knowing it is... It's awesome. But I also want you to know how much I love you Kate. So don't be mad at me for saying it. Most of all though, I'll always let you feel it." I said gently and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

At that moment, she lifted her head and looked at me. The tears turned her eyes a new shade of green. It almost reminded me of jade. So beautiful, even if I would have preferred it to be tears of joy.

Carefully, she put her hand on my cheek and caressed it. I tried to interpret the look on her face, but I couldn't really do it. But then she let her thumb glide over my lips. I knew then that everything would be okay. Even more so now that she was stretching towards me.

She gently pressed her mouth to mine and sighed in relief. I knew how she felt, because I felt the same way. Slowly, she began to nibble on my lip. My hands gripped her hips and repositioned her on my lap. The kiss deepened, Kate's tongue slid slowly, pleasurably over mine.

And then she suddenly slipped her hands under my shirt. Feeling her touch like that always did something to me. At that moment, I couldn't wait to experience her soft, silky skin under my fingertips myself.

"I really love you." I said at a moment when she gasped.

"I love you too. You have to believe me." she whispered as tears welled up in her eyes again.

"I never doubted it, baby. And now I'm going to show you exactly how much I love you." I replied.