21 A frowny face

Roman POV

The time Kate and I were together was without question the best time of my life. Six months that actually turned everything upside down. And even though her parents were very hesitant towards me at first, it got better every time. To be honest, I was surprised that they trusted me at all after what that bastard had done to the whole family.

But I was still happy that they did. And my family loved Kate more than anything. Mom had immediately taken her to her heart. Just like my sisters. But Naomi was particularly enthusiastic. Every time Kate accompanied me, I had to fight to spend time alone with my girlfriend. That's how much Na occupied Kate.

Kate loved spending time with her, but only when I didn't have time. Because, like me, she couldn't get enough of me. No matter how unwilling Naomi was to share.

However, I have noticed lately that she has been worried. So much so that it was already starting to affect her sleep.

When I came into catering I saw my girl sitting in front of her laptop. Her elbows propped up on the table and her face buried in her hands.

"Hey baby girl." I said softly, giving her a kiss on the head and sitting down next to her.

"Oh hi babe... How was the rehearsal?" she asked as she looked at me tiredly.

Kate put her hand on my leg as she gave me a strained smile. I lifted my hand and brushed some hair from her forehead so I could get a good look at her face.

"Everything worked out... What's wrong? Why the frowny face?" I wanted to know.

"Oh, I'm just busy with the analysis again," she replied and slid the laptop over to me.

There were a lot of numbers to see. Like the number of video views, likes, watch time. Range and amount of comments and subscribers. None of these numbers meant much to me, but Kate was worried about them.

"The numbers keep going down. People don't even watch 50% of the video. It's hardly being shared. That means YouTube is no longer recommending my videos. The brief high I had after the video with Na collapsed again almost immediately. I'm losing a lot of subscribers every day.

I don't know what to do... This channel was my life for so long. And now it's practically dead. It doesn't even matter if I upload one or 4 videos a week. I have failed for the platform. It's only a matter of time before sponsors pull out and PR companies no longer want to work with me. I'm done," she told me quietly.

"Oh, baby girl. I'm sure that's only temporary. There are always ups and downs. I promise you don't have to worry. We could... I don't know... Maybe we should do videos together." I replied as I pulled her to my chest and rubbed her back.

"We've talked about this, Ro... It's okay that you want to protect your privacy. And I want to keep this part of my life for us too. I guess it's just time to look for something else." she told me gently.

And she was right. We both didn't want that much about us out in the open. Because once it was out there, there was no going back. Both of us wanted to protect it as best we could. But if there was no alternative, then I would do it.

"Or you can just come with me all the time and let me look after you," I suggested.

She lifted her head and looked at me. I could have sworn I saw a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Soooo... what you're trying to say is... that you want to be my sugar daddy?" she grinned, forgetting her worries for at least a moment.

"Well... not what I had in mind, not my worst idea though." I laughed.

"I love you babe and I appreciate what you want to do for me, but I'll figure something out." Kate replied.

"Love you too. There's nothing wrong with accepting help, baby." I said and gave her a kiss on the nose.

"I'll tell you how you can help me... Take me out on a date tonight after the show and then you can distract me even more all night long." she replied.

"I can do that. But are you sure you don't just want to test my sugar daddy qualities?" I wanted to know.

"Oh who knows. Maybe I'm just thinking ahead, Daddy." she laughed heartily.