18 Sucks for you

Kate POV

Weeks went by and we heard nothing more from Don. Thank goodness. Although the police had had to release him from their custody quite quickly, he hadn't turned up again. Hopefully he had gotten the message. However, I doubted it. I had a nagging feeling that this wasn't over yet.

Good thing I didn't think much about it, thanks to Roman. He was a wonderful distraction and when I was with him I always had this feeling of safety. I knew that he would never let anything happen to me. No matter what.

"You better give up, Reigns. I'm not letting go until you say I've won," I said when I had Roman in a headlock.

I accompanied him again. However, this time it was only for a few days, because I had a big appointment coming up. I was supposed to give a speech on a YouTube panel. It wasn't the first time, but this time it was much bigger. And I had never spoken in front of so many people before.

That was another thing he was able to distract me from perfectly. We wrestled playfully in the ring. He was supposed to be rehearsing for his match, but his opponent for tonight hadn't arrived yet due to travel issues.

And that's how we passed the time. I actually had a lot of fun. It had been a while since I'd last been on a mat. For Roman, it was his life, something he put so much love and heart into. No matter how much negative stuff he had to put up with because of it. I knew after such a short time with him that he always had the bigger picture in his head. That he wanted to create something he could be proud of forever.

"I never have and I never will, baby girl. But you'll learn that," he said with a deep chuckle.

He gently tried to loosen my grip. Of course, that wouldn't have been a real problem for him if he had been serious. However, he didn't want to hurt me.

"I can easily take you down on the mat, Sir," I threatened playfully.

"You mean bed, baby. Not mat. And I can do it better than you." he replied and before I knew it I was lying on my back on the mat.

I gasped and looked into his eyes, which sparkled with mischief and satisfaction. Roman hovered over me as he simultaneously held my arms above my head. How the hell had he done that so quickly?

"See? Piece of cake. And I get to take advantage of the situation." he then said, leaning forward.

At first I thought he wanted to give me a kiss. But I was wrong. Instead, he slowly brushed his lips from my jaw down along my neck. My breathing immediately became even faster and I suspected that he could feel my heartbeat.

I wanted to touch him. But he wouldn't let go of my hands, no matter how hard I tried to free myself. And I could tell he was enjoying being in control far too much. I could feel the smirk on his lips against my skin. Roman knew exactly what he was doing. He loved to torture me.

"So... Do you think I can't get out of this situation?" I asked, challenging him a little.

"Hmmm... let's see... I can't imagine what you can do here, Katie." he chuckled before giving me a real kiss. 

I couldn't help but smile inwardly. Because I had just thought of something I could do, or at least try. I wrapped my legs around his middle and rolled around. I hadn't thought it was possible for me to do that, but I had obviously caught him off guard.

He let go of my hands in surprise as he lay on his back on the mat and looked at me. The amazement was clearly written on his face.

"Do you have more to say, Mister?" I asked as it was now me leaning over him.

"Quite a lot, but so little of it is appropriate for this place, baby girl." he replied, now wrapping his arms around me.

We kissed for what felt like an eternity. When we broke away from each other, we looked deep into each other's eyes. Roman stroked my cheek gently. I knew it at that moment. I knew what he was about to say. And everything inside me knotted up.

"Don't say it." I said quickly and jumped up.

*****

Roman POV

"What the... where are you going, Kate?" I asked perplexed as she climbed out of the ring as fast as she could and ran to the back.

"Away from you..." she exclaimed as I hurried to follow her.

"What just happened? Why are you suddenly mad?" I wanted to know because I was totally confused.

"I didn't even do anything!" I defended myself.

"But you wanted to! You wanted to say it. I could feel that. And that... I can't let you do that, because then... then..." she replied and I knew she was really mad.

I just didn't know if she was mad at me or herself. That's why I kept following her. There was no way I could leave it like that.

"What are you even talking about?" I wanted to know.

"You wanted to say the sentence... And by doing so... you would have... The one thing I asked you not to do," she stammered.

At first, I had no idea what she meant. But then it came to me. The one sentence that made me doubt everything at the time. I couldn't let it go like that. I wouldn't let her run away out of fear. Because this was exactly that. She was afraid to admit her feelings. Not to me, but to herself.

"You're mad at me because I wanted to tell you that I love you? Sucks for you. Because I do love you, Kate. Deal with it." I shouted as we arrived in one of the dark corridors leading to the locker rooms.

Suddenly she stopped and turned to me. Only now did I see the tears running down her face. I quickly closed the distance between us and pulled her into my arms.

"I know you're afraid of it. But I also know that you feel the same. You know it in here. And you're ready." I continued, placing a hand on her heart.

"I love you, Katherine Westmore. I loved you before I met you." I said and then moved my hand from her heart to her chin.

I waited for a protest, but nothing happened. So I leaned down and gave her a long, passionate kiss. This was my way of letting her know how deep my feelings for her were and maybe I could take away her fear.

Then I pulled back, but leaned my forehead against hers. I looked at her in silence until she finally opened her eyes.

"I.... I..." she began hesitantly and trembled.

"I... love... you too, Ro." she finally whispered.