30

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jade sat in Jacks driveway, Trevor in the passengers seat.

" Is he gonna be long or?",

Emma sat in the back, " He's probably doing his hair",

The blonde girl laughed, the three waiting for her boyfriend to eventually come out of his house.

Jade was just driving everyone to school, but at this rate, they wouldn't even make it to first period.

" We're gonna be late. Let's just leave him!", Trevor joked

Jack came out of the house, sending them all a smile as he got into the seat behind Jade.

" Sorry guys, slept through my alarm", he laughed

Trevor scoffed, " Sure buddy. You were definitely doing your hair",

" Actually, woke up like this", Jack shrugged

Jade shook her head, pulling out of his driveway and driving the group off to school.

Emma and Trevor walked off, since both of their lockers were on the other side of the school. Jack followed Jade, talking her ear off about something irrelevant.

" Are we hanging out after school?", she asked

Jack stood beside her at her locker, thinking for a second.

" I can't, I have practice", he sighed, " Tomorrow?",

Jade nodded, " Sure. As long as you drive us to ice cream?",

" Is that the only reason you hangout with me?",

" Maybe", she shrugged

Jack scoffed, " Wow, J. I see how it is",

" Jack, we both know that's not the only reason I hang out with you", she laughed, " I tell you all the time",

Jade constantly told Jack that he was her person. That she could talk to him about literally anything and not feel judged or embarrassed to be talking about it.

Every time she told him that, it made him feel weird inside. It made Jack feel important.

He's so used to being important and valued in anything hockey related, that he almost forgot what it was like to be valued just for himself. Not for his skills, but for his personality.

Once Jade and Jack met, it felt like a part of him was rediscovered. It felt like he was a person again, and not just some hockey prodigy that everyone said he was.

When they were together, everything made sense. Nothing could go wrong when they were together. Jack and Jade just made sense.

" Yeah, I know", he said and smiled at her

Jade nodded, " See you later?",

Jack sent her a quick goodbye as he walked into his class. He settled into his desk, and got ready for another period of just thinking about his girlfriend all class.

That's all he ever did. Think about her, talk about her. Jack was insanely happy to call Jade his girlfriend.

His friends probably got sick of it, but they were happy to see him so in love and happy.

Jack hoped it lasted forever. He hoped that him and Jade lasted beyond forever.

woohoo 30 chapters!!