8

NATIONAL ANTHEM

  Jade stood in her best friends room, looking into the mirror. She let out a defeated sigh, " Em, I can't wear this. I look so stupid".

" You look amazing!". Emma stood beside her, looking at the black skirt and white top she had on. " You seriously look amazing, Jade. Jack is gonna be all over you".

" That's not why I'm going".

Emma shrugged, " Well he's gonna be there, so this is the outfit to wear".

" What are you wearing?". Jade sat on the end of her bed, watching her go through her dresser.

" Mmm, I think jeans and a shirt".

Jade groaned, " I'm way too over dressed".

" No, you're wearing that. Closet is close", Emma laughed as she shut all of the drawers and smiled at her.

The blonde smiled a bit, Emma going into her washroom to get changed. Jade sat on her phone, all of a sudden getting a call from Trevor.

" Hello?".

" Jade, you're at Emma's right?". Trevor said, the girl hearing muffled voices in the back.

" Yeah, what do you want". Jade sat there, waiting for his response.

" Rowdy just got his license, we'll drive you guys there tonight. We'll be there in 20".

Jade laughed. " Alright, see you".

Emma exited the bathroom, Jade hanging up the phone.
" What was that about?".

" Trevor just called to say that Jack just got his license so they'll drive us tonight. They're gonna be here in a bit".

" Nice! Now Jack can drive you anywhere, without Trevor knowing!". Emma cheered.

Jade and her headed downstairs, putting their shoes on so they were ready once the guys got there. It made Jade happy, that her and her brother were actually hanging out. It wasn't what she expected to be happening, but she was happy about it.

They got disrupted from their thoughts when they heard loud honks coming from the driveway. " Holy shit", Emma groaned as they went outside.

They got into the car, Cole and Alex in the very back, sending them both waves. " Was the honking necessary", Jade said laughing.

" Yeah, it was". Trevor turned to face her, the girl giving him a sarcastic smile.

Jack smiled at her through the mirror, mostly focused on getting to the party safely.

" Rowdy, you're the DD tonight?", Cole asked.

" Yes Cole, I'll get everyone back to Trevor's safely".

They all cheered, arriving at the house. Once everyone was out of the car, the group headed inside.

" So, you're a driver now", Jade smiled at him.

Jack looked over, " Yup. Could be your personal driver".

" Really? That doesn't sound bad", the boy smiling at her. Jade shrugged, the two trailing behind everyone.

" You look good tonight, J".

Jade felt her cheeks heat up, " Thanks, you do too".

He shrugged, " I try". The girl scoffed and laughed, stepping inside with him behind her.

The two stayed together for most of the night, Jack definitely keeping his promise and making it fun for the both of them. Or at least fun for Jade, since he was the driver for tonight.

" my moms gonna kill me", Jade grumbled as she finished another one of her drinks.

Jack smiled, " Just stay in the basement with all of us tonight. Your mom never comes down there in the mornings".

" I wouldn't wanna come down there either", she joked.

The boy scoffed, " Whatever, J. You know you wanna spend the night down there too".

" I might have to just sleep on the couch on the main floor. I don't know if I can do stairs", she said.

All of a sudden her stomach felt twisted. Jack watched as it looked like all the colour from her face was removed.

" Jade, let's go to the bathroom".

Jack grabbed her hand and led her through the house, shutting the bathroom door behind them. The girl immediately crouched in front of the toilet, Jack holding her dirty blonde hair back for her.

" This is embarrassing", she cried.

She felt more relaxed as the boy gently rubbed his hand up and down her back.

" Just proved you had a good time tonight".

Jade laughed a bit, flushing the toilet before sitting back against the wall.

" What time is it?", she asked. He turned his phone on, it reading 12:57.

He stood up, helping the girl up. " Let's find the guys and Em, yeah?".

" Sounds like a good idea, Rowdy".

Jack had his one arm around her waist, Jades hand holding onto his arm like her life depended on it.

" Ready to go?", Jack asked Trevor who was sitting on the couch with Emma. Jade noticed how her older brother's arm was around her best friends shoulder, the girl deciding not to worry about that right now.

" Uh yeah, is she ok or?".

Jade rolled her eyes, " I'm fine, Trev. Let's just go".

After getting Cole and Alex, everyone piled into Jacks car. He insisted that Jade got shot gun, handing her a water bottle.

" Can I have one of those Jack?", Alex asked.

Jack shook his head, " Only had one".

The three guys protested at him, Jack ignoring them and eventually parking in the Zegras driveway. Trevor shushed them all, unlocking the front door and rushing everyone into the basement.

All of them were thankful that the house was considered the ' hangout' house, the parents setting out blow up mattresses and bottles of water.

Cole and Alex flopped onto one blow up mattress, Emma taking one of the couches.

" Here, I'll grab you another water".

Jack helped the girl lay on the other couch, quickly grabbing her a bottle of water and placing it beside her.

" Thanks, Jack. I'll take care of you next party".

He chuckled, " Don't worry about it".

a/n

I'm so excited
for this book😊