15

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jade stood in her kitchen, filling up her water bottle as her brother bursted through the front door.

" Jade! Why wouldn't you tell me about Andrew?", Trevor said to her, " Why would you tell Jack and not me?".

" Because I didn't want it to ruin how you felt about your teammate", she said calmly, " And I didn't tell Jack. I just happened to bump into him at the party afterward".

Trevor rolled his eyes, " Well, pretty sure Andrew is kicked off the team. Jack almost killed him today, like, literally".

" What? Why, what happened?".

" I don't know, Andrew must've said something to him during practice, or Jack said something", he shrugged, " But I also kicked his ass, so Jack isn't the only saviour here".

Jade laughed, " Andrew is weird, so he deserves it".

" Yeah, he did", Trevor agreed, " But honestly, tell me next time. If Jack hadn't told me, I wouldn't have found out. You're my little sister, so I do care".

" I would've told you", the blonde said, " Anyways. Go away, Emma is coming over".

Trevor's face lit up at the name, " Well, the guys are also coming over, so..".

Jade raised her eyebrows, " So?".

" Nevermind", he shook his head, " Goodbye. When the guys get here, tell them to come to the basement".

Emma and Jade sat in the kitchen, working on a project they had for one of their classes together. Jade explained the whole situation to her best friend.

" I swear", Emma started, " I'm gonna kill him. What a piece of shit, like honestly".

The blonde laughed, " Yeah, he is".

" Like, fucking leave high school", the brunette groaned, " So embarrassing".

Jade laughed, hearing the doorbell go off. She knew it was Trevor's friends, the blonde walking over to open it.

" Hey, Trevor's downstairs", she said to them as they all came inside and took their shoes off.

Cole nodded, " Hey, Emma".

Emma waved at them, trying to find something for herself in the fridge.

" Trevor told me what happened, thanks", Jade smiled a bit at Jack as he shut the door.

Jack nodded, " No problem".

He barely looked at her when he said that, just following his friends downstairs. Emma looked at Jade, an almost surprised look on her face.

" What's his deal?", Emma said.

Jade shrugged, " Um, don't know".