4

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jade and Jack stood in the kitchen of Alex's house, a drink in the girls hand. The boy stood in front of her, his blue eyes staring down at her. " You've had a lot, Jade. Maybe time to back off", he suggested.

" I can handle myself, Hughes. Thank you very much".

He raised his hand in defence, Jade smiling up at him drunkly. " What time is it?",

He got his phone out, " 12:30. Your mom's gonna be here soon".

She nodded, " You're coming back to ours, right?".

Jack nodded, taking the drink from her hand and placing it on the counter. Jade pouted at him, the boy shaking his head. " You need to sober up, you can barely pronounce your words", Jack laughed.

Jade crossed her arms, " Do you know where Emma is?".

" Uh, no I have no clue. Haven't really seen her".

" Well I need to find her, what if she's in trouble or something?", Jade said to him. She wandered off, pushing through everyone. " Trev, have you seen Em?",

" She's fine. Pretty sure she's with some guy in your grade. Michael or something", he shrugged. Jade sighed in relief, making her way back to where she was with Jack. The girl froze when he saw Jack with Isabella Brown, a girl that Jade couldn't stand one bit. Isabella had her hands all over him, and Jack liked it.

Jade rolled her eyes, going downstairs to at least attempt to find Emma. " Hey, Jade. How are you?",

Brock Thole stood in front of her, his dark brown hair covering his whole forehead. He wasn't much taller than, which was odd, since she was only 5'4. " Good, how are you?",

He shrugged, " Not bad. Having fun?",

" Yeah, it's not bad", she smiled. The boy smirked at her, slinging his arm around her shoulders.

" Want another drink? I have some in the spare room down here", he asked her. Jade nodded, walking with him to the room. He handed her an unopened can, the girl smiling and taking it from him. " So, you seeing anyone these days?",

Jade chuckled, " Nope, you?".

She knew the boy thought she was cute, since he told his friends who told Emma, who told Jade. " Definitely not".
Jade nodded, going to leave the room. " Wait, Jade",

" Hm?",

Brock looked at her, shaking his head. " Nevermind, have a good night", he smiled. The girl nodded, going back upstairs and seeing Emma with Trevor and Cole.

" You ready to go?", she asked. Jade nodded, placing the drink on a table and following them out the door.

" Wait, where's Rowdy?", Trevor said.

Jade looked back at the house, " I know where he is. One sec", the girl walking back inside. Jade once again pushed through everyone, seeing Jack still with Isabella, the girl sitting on the counter and Jack standing between her legs.

" Jack, we have to go", Jade said quickly. Isabella looked over, her face immediately turning to disgust.

" Are you lost, Jade?", Isabella laughed. Jack looked at her weirdly, the brunette shrugging. " What? Are you friends or something?",

Jack pushed himself away from the girl, " Yeah, we are. Clearly, you're a bitch like everyone says".

Jades eyes widened, grabbing the boys hand and dragging him away from her. " Jack! You can't call a girl a bitch".

" She was being a bitch to you. Why would I be nice to her?", he questioned.

" Why do you care if she was being a bitch to me".

Jacks arm went over her shoulders, " Because. If anyone is a bitch to you, let me know".

Jade chuckled, " Noted".

a/n

ok jack putting
girls in their
place ig 😝