14

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jack walked into the rink, Trevor by his side as they headed into the change room to get ready for their practice. They had a tournament this weekend, meaning it would be a weekend being spent with the whole
team- including Andrew.

The two players got ready, skating out to the ice with the rest of their team. Jack got put into a group with Andrew, the two having to be partners.

" Good time at the Halloween party?", Jack asked.

Andrew shrugged, " Yeah, had a good time".

" Sure you did", the younger boy scowled at him.

" You got a problem, Hughes?".

Jack shrugged, " Depends, what'd you get up to with Jade, at the party?".

Andrew scoffed, " Whatever, bro. You don't know shit".

" I know that you're a piece of shit", the dirty blonde nodded as they quickly did their part in the drill.

They stood at the bench, Andrew glaring at the younger boy beside him.

" What, you trying to get on that to? Good luck".

Before Jack could think about what he was doing, he was tackling the older boy to the ground. Unluckily for Andrew, he had taken his helmet off prior to Jack dragging him to the ground.

" Rowdy!", Trevor yelled as he dragged his friend off of their older teammate.

Jack tried to get away from his friend, " You're a fucking pussy!", he said to the boy on the floor of the ice.

Andrew had blood on his face, coming from his nose and lip. Alex, Cole and Trevor dragged Jack off the ice, taking him into the change room. They shut the door, locking it so no one else on the team could come in.

" Bro, what're you going at the older guys for?", Cole practically screamed.

" Nothing, it's whatever", Jack mumbled. Alex glanced at him, Trevor rolling his eyes.

" You can't say it's nothing", Trevor said, " Come on, bro. You gotta tell us now".

Jack shook his head, " Don't worry about it, seriously".

" Jack, bro, you gotta tell Trev", Alex spoke.

Trevor raised an eyebrow, " Tell me what? Seriously, Jack, we don't keep secrets. You are my best friend".

" I thought I was?", Cole said.

Alex rolled his eyes, " We are all best friends, Cole, don't worry".

" Before the Halloween party I heard Andrew talking about how he wanted to get with Jade", Jack said quickly.

Trevor's eyes widened, " Bro, I'm gonna kill him. Why wouldn't you say anything to me sooner?".

" Because I didn't want it to cause problems on the team", he said, " I only said something to him because he was all over Jade at the party. She was crying, so I took her to my house to make sure she was okay. I'm sorry, Z. I should've told you right when he said that".

" What did he do to my sister?".

Cole, Alex and Jack practically chased Trevor as he ran out of the locker room. Andrew stood off the ice, the coaches helping him with his nose.

" Andrew, I'm actually going to murder you!!", Trevor screamed as he tried to grab the older boy.

" Zegras, seriously?", one of the coaches yelled.

Jack held the boy back, Andrew rolling his eyes at the two.

" You guys are little kids", Andrew said.

" Don't even say anything right now, bro", Alex said.

The coaches sighed, " What's the problem?"

" Andrew practically assaulted my younger sister!", Trevor said with a disgusted look on his face, " Who is also only 15! You're literally 18, bro".

After explaining everything, the whole team got sent home. Andrew was definitely going to receive some sort of punishment, maybe even getting kicked out of the program. Not only was it basically assault, but it was also illegal, since he was 18 and Jade was just barely 15.

Jack walked to his car, Trevor jogging up beside him.
" Thanks for sticking up for Jade".

" Of course", Jack nodded, " He deserves worse, in my opinion".

Trevor chuckled, " Yeah, we can both agree on that".

Walking in silence, their cars beside each other, Trevor turned to him quickly. " Look, I don't know if it's an actual thing, but if it is, I'd totally support you and Jade".

Jacks eyes widened, " Oh, who said it was a thing?".

Trevor shrugged, " Just saying. She can handle herself, but, sometimes she needs someone to rely on, you know?".

" Yeah", he nodded, " Uh, see you later".

" See you, Rowdy", the brunette smiled, " Thanks again. I owe you big time".

a/n

approval 👍🏻