Chapter 16

Caera Denoir POV

I hummed in bliss, laying in bed in my room, nuzzling my head against Callum's warm, bare chest. Ever since our night out together under the beautiful night sky, we've been sleeping in the same room. Sometimes, I'd sleep in his room, or he'd sleep in mine. We even moved some of our clothes into each other's rooms.

I smiled, seeing him sleeping peacefully and admiring his handsome features. I closed my eyes, hearing his heartbeat, feeling his chest rise and fall from his steady breathing.

I opened my eyes, looking at his chiseled chest. I gently traced his chest with my left middle finger, feeling his smooth skin. My eyes flicked to Callum's face, seeing his eyes slightly twitch. He shifted a little before his eyes slowly opened, revealing his beautiful golden eyes. He looked around before his eyes fell on me, and we smiled warmly at each other when our eyes met.

"Good morning, beautiful," Callum said in a deep, tired, attractive tone.

I giggled, "Good morning, handsome."

We continued to smile warmly at each other, and I felt Callum carefully trace my bare back with his fingers, sending a shiver down my spine. Laying here against him, feeling his warm, gentle touch, I felt completely safe and comfortable in his embrace.

"I love you," I said wholeheartedly.

Callum hummed happily and smiled lovingly before slowly leaning his head down, pressing his soft lips against mine. I closed my eyes, melting into the kiss, feeling a blissful wave wash over me. We slowly broke the kiss, and Callum leaned his forehead against me. I opened my eyes, staring into his beautiful, deep, golden eyes.

"I love you too," Callum whispered passionately.

I closed my eyes, smiling, lying there in complete happiness, "I could stay here forever."

Callum chuckled, "So could I. Unfortunately, we do have to get up."

I sighed, "I know. But I'm so comfortable. I wish we could cuddle longer."

"Hmmm," Callum hummed like he was thinking. "Would you like to shower together?"

I lifted my head and looked at Callum amusingly with a raised brow, "Why, my dear Cal. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were just trying to get more time with me naked."

Callum shrugged innocently, "I merely want to spend more time with my girlfriend."

I smirked and narrowed my eyes light-heartedly, "Well, in that case, how could I refuse."

I leaned in, giving Callum a quick kiss before I elegantly rolled off him, pushed the covers off me, and stood up from the bed. I stretched my arms above my head before lowering them and looking over my shoulder. I smiled amusingly, seeing Callum lying in bed with his eyes locked on my rear.

"Enjoying the view?" I teased.

Callum's eyes flicked to mine, and he smiled, "How could I not? It's exquisite."

I playfully rolled my eyes, looked back forward, and walked toward the bathroom. I heard the rustling of bedsheets and Callum getting out of bed behind me as I opened the bathroom door and stepped inside. I approached the shower, opened the door, and turned the water on. I held my hand under the cold water, patiently waiting for it to turn warm.

I jumped slightly, feeling the soft touch of Callum's hands on my waist. Callum stood close behind me, pressing his hard body against mine. His warm breath brushed against my right shoulder as he leaned down, kissing my shoulder softly. I hummed and smiled in pleasure, feeling him giving me a trail of kisses toward my neck. I closed my eyes and leaned my head to the left, giving Callum better access. A small moan escaped my lips, feeling him kiss and nip at my neck.