Chapter 6

Arthur Leywin POV

The smooth, silky bed sheets wrapped comfortably around my body as I lay in bed at the floating castle. It's been almost two weeks since the meeting with this Seris. Since then, the council has been working non-stop to increase Dicathen's defenses while we've anxiously been waiting to see if Seris' plan works. The council transferred soldiers from the wall and Elenoir to Sapin to bolster the defensive line. However, there was still the apparent issue of morale.

After Darv fell and we lost two Lances, the soldiers of Dicathen seemed to have lost hope. Many believed that our defeat was inevitable, that Alacrya was too strong. It's almost like they seem to have forgotten what we're fighting for. That's why we needed to remind them.

Gramps' idea to boost Dicathen's morale with mine and Tess' wedding seemed like a good idea. This way, people can forget about the war and see why we're fighting so hard. Plus, I would finally be married to Tess, the love of my life.

I looked to my right, seeing Tess lying in bed beside me. Her gunmetal hair was sprawled over the bed, her eyes were closed, and she was breathing rhythmically. A loving smile graced my lips, admiring her, thinking that even when she was asleep, she was beautiful.

My eyes traced her down until they fell on her flat stomach. Part of me still couldn't believe how there was a life growing inside her, a life we created. Images of Tess and I raising our child together flooded my mind, and a feeling of bliss washed over me.

However, I couldn't help but be slightly afraid. What if I was a lousy dad? What if my child got sick and I didn't know what to do? I was excited to start this new journey with Tess, but I was just so scared I wouldn't be able to protect them.

'No, I won't be. I'll do everything I can to be the best Dad ever.'

'Plus, you'll have your majestic companion to help you out!' Regis said mentally and pridefully.

I chuckled at Regis' announcement, hearing his voice, even though he was in another room with Sylvie.

'Besides, you have your whole family to help you out, Papa,' Sylvie reassured. 'And I, for one, can't wait to see my baby sibling.'

'Thanks, guys,' I said, feeling glad to have their support like we were one big family.

I shifted closer to Tess and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her close, feeling her warm body against mine. Tess grumbled as she stirred slightly until her soft-looking lips stretched into a loving smile, her eyes remaining closed. Tess shifted closer to me, and I held her in a warm, tight, comfortable embrace. Tess hummed happily as she nuzzled her head in my chest, feeling her warm breath on my skin.

"Good morning," Tess said in a tired voice, which I found cute.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead softly, earning a giggle and a happy hum from my fiance.

"Good morning, beautiful," I whispered lovingly.

Tess lifted her head off my chest and opened her eyes, revealing her beautiful emerald pearls which I could get lost in. We smiled blissfully at each other, staring into each other's eyes, feeling like I could stay here forever. I leaned forward, kissing her soft lips lovingly, tasting her sweetness. I slowly broke the kiss before I leaned forward, giving her two more quick kisses on her cheek and forehead.

Tess giggled and a rosy blush appeared on her cheeks from my affection, "How'd you sleep."

"Good, you?" I asked.

"Same. I had a dream about us growing up in Elenoir," Tess said with a smile.

"Oh? About all the trouble you caused?" I teased.