Chapter 8

Reynolds Leywin POV

Standing in front of the mirror in our suite, I cursed as I tried to fix my tie, which I didn't want to cooperate. I wanted to ensure I looked perfect for my son's big day, and I couldn't feel more prouder of him. I can see how much he loves Tessia, and I look forward to the day his children are born and he becomes a father. Plus, I get to be the best grandfather and spoil them. But first, I need to fix this damn tie.

"Having trouble?" I heard Alice say, sounding somewhat amused.

I looked to my left as she walked up to me while she finished putting on her left silver earring. She had a warm smile on her face and eyed me amusingly. I looked her up and down, seeing she was dressed in a beautiful shin-length velvet red dress.

"Wow," I whispered. My smile widened, and my face felt warm, admiring her beauty.

'How did I ever get so lucky?'

Alice giggled, her lips curving in a blissful smile. "It's Good to see that after all these years, I can still impress you."

I chuckled, turned towards her, and placed my hands on her slender waist. "You are, and always will be, the most beautiful thing in the world to me," I said affectionately.

Alice smiled warmly and blushed. We both leaned forward and shared a loving kiss. My hands slid up and down her dress, feeling how smooth and silky it felt. I added a bit of pressure to the kiss, and Alice let in a sharp breath.

Alice broke the kiss and placed her right index finger on my lips, giving me a knowing smile, "Not now. We need to help Arthur and Tessia with their wedding."

I sighed with a playful pout, "Fine." I leaned in and gave her another quick kiss. "But tonight, you're all mine."

Alice's smile widened, and her blush deepened. "I look forward to it. But first," Alice reached up and began to adjust my tie, "Let's fix this."

I raised my head to make it easier for Alice to fix the tie. Once she was done, she let go, stepped back, and nodded, admiring her work.

"There, that's better," Alice commented.

"What would I do without you," I teased.

Alice's beautiful eyes met mine and smiled, "Probably be lost and unable to fix your own ties."

I laughed and gave her another kiss.

"Okay, come on," Alice said, moving toward the door. "I need to see Tessia, and you need to check on Arthur. They're most likely incredibly nervous."

I shrugged, "Ah, Arthur is probably steadfast. He is a Lance, after all."

"Maybe, I guess you'll see. Ellie should already be with Tessia," Alice said.

I nodded to her as we exited our room and entered the pristine castle hallway. "I'll see you later," I said to Alice with an affectionate smile and gave her a quick kiss.

"Love you," Alice said warmly.

"I love you too," I responded with all my heart.

Alice turned and began to walk down the hallway toward Tessia's room, and I stood there for a moment longer, my eyes looking her up and down, admiring how good she looked.

Once she was out of view, I turned and walked down the hallway in the opposite direction of Alice. I reached Arthur's room, opened the door, and saw Arthur standing in front of the mirror as I walked in, staring at his reflection with Feyrith beside him.

Arthur wore an azure silk blend suit, a vest and tie to match, and a black button-up shirt.

"I'm telling you, you look great, Arthur," Feyrith reassured with a smile.