Chapter 13

Tessia Eralith POV

I yelped in glee as the wave of water hit me, and I shook my head, shaking the water off my face. I opened my eyes, looking at Art with a blissful smile as we stood in the lake, standing a few feet away from each other.

I giggled as I thrust my hand into the water and splashed him with a wave. Art laughed and closed his eyes as the water washed over him. I smirked as my eyes looked him up and down, seeing him shirtless in his bathing suit. The water glistened from the sunlight overhead on his well-defined muscular torso, slowly trickling down his body.

"Enjoying the view?" Art teased with a smile.

I shrugged innocently, "Perhaps." I giggled, "I could ask the same of you. You haven't exactly been looking into my eyes."

Art chuckled, "Can you blame me? You look great in a bikini."

"For now," My hands fell to my stomach, smiling warmly. "I'm sure you won't think that when my stomach gets bigger."

Art looked at me, slightly surprised, before he smiled lovingly. He slowly walked up to me, with his eyes locked on mine. He brought his right hand up, caressing my cheek. We smiled warmly at each other as I nuzzled my head into his palm.

Art's eyes flicked to my stomach, and he gently placed his left hand over my hands on my stomach. "Even when your stomach gets bigger," Art's eyes flicked to mine, "You will always be beautiful."

My smile widened in bliss as I stared into the eyes of the love of my life. I took my hands off my stomach, wrapped them around the back of his head, and pulled him into a deep kiss. Art took his hands off my face and stomach, grabbed my waist, and pulled me in close.

I hummed happily, melting into the kiss and his embrace. We slowly broke the kiss, looked into each other's eyes, and smiled. I leaned my head into the crook of his neck. His hands slid across my waist to the small of my back, tracing my back with his fingers.

"I love you," I whispered warmly.

"I would hope so. We are married, after all," Art teased. I rolled my eyes and loosed my hug when Art hugged me slightly tighter. "I love you more," Art whispered warmly into my ear.

A shiver ran down my spine as I felt his warm breath against my skin. I smiled warmly, humming happily, as I nuzzled my head against his shoulder.

"No, I love you more," I giggled.

Art chuckled, and we continued to stand there, enjoying each other's warm embrace. He gently stroked his fingers through my damp hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Are you getting hungry?" Art asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Ok, come on," Art said.

We broke the hug, and Art took my right hand. I smiled as we walked close together, heading to the lakefront. We reached the land and walked over to a large tree that provided a wide shaded area over lush green grass. On top of the grass was a large blue blanket, which had a white basket with a floral design and our clothes on top.

We used wind magic to dry ourselves off before we sat on the blanket cross-legged, facing each other. I grabbed the basket and placed it between us, opening the lid. Inside the basket were two wrapped sandwiches, a large bottle of juice, and two small glasses, all sitting on top of a brick of ice Art created.

I pulled out the glasses first, placing one in front of each of us. I took out the bottle, and Art reached his hand out toward the bottle.

"Allow me, my princess," Art teased.