Chapter 31

Jennie’s POV

The weekend came so quick, Chaeng and Jisoo unnie was already ready to leave and went for their trip to Paris. The weather isn’t good because it’s a bit gloomy outside but the news announced that there’s no typhoon, I hope they’ll arrive there safely.

“Are you going to be okay here? With Lisa?” Chaeng’s voice was filled with worry as she stroke my cheek.

“I’m gonna be fine unnie, I’m sure me and Lisa will get along”

“I can’t be sure of that. I still remember how she drag you outside and it hurts me to see you on that situation. Even if she’s my sister I won’t allow that”

I smiled at her “Don’t worry that much unnie, you’re going to celebrate your anniversary with Jisoo unnie. You should mind that not me”

“You’re already like a sister to me mandu and I can’t brush it off my head if Lisa do something terrible again”

“Just enjoy the trip. I’ll make sure that you don’t have to worry about us, I’ll fix it”

She sigh “Call me if something came up, okay? We will quickly get home for you”

I giggled on how worried she look “Unnie, please don’t mind us here. We will be fine”

We heard a scoff behind us, it was Lisa who has a smug smirk on her face.

“Nothing will be fine as long as you’re here”

I admit I was hurt by her words but I don’t care, I’m here to fix whatever is broken. And that would be Lisa.

“Lisa. If you behave like that I won’t think twice to get Jennie with us to Paris”

“As if you can. You don’t even know if this girl have criminal records, I don’t want you to look funny on people’s faces. That’s why I’m trying to save your image to the public just by reminding you”

“Are we going to argue about this again?”

I feel the tension between them so I step up to their conversation.

“Unnie, no need to do that. We will be fine”

“We’re not gonna be fine, you fucking slut”

Chaeng felt angry to what Lisa said so she turn around and face her “Say sorry to her. You’ve been acting so inhuman Lisa, can you be considerate of your choice of words atleast? If you can’t do it for her, can you do it for me?”

Lisa kept silent as she stare at her sister “Sorry Chaeng, but my apologies don’t include her”

“What a prick Manoban”

Chaeng drag me with her but I glance at Lisa who’s glaring at me, if looks can kill I’m already dead.

“Remember Jennie okay, if she did something bad don’t hesitate to call my number. I’ll make sure to come back, if I need to book the earliest flight I will. Just….be safe around my sister”

After saying those she hug me very tight and rub my back.

“Don’t let her hurt you, promise me mandu”

Her words filled me with warmth and I smile at the thought that she’s the greatest sister they could ever have. Lisa is very lucky to have her.

“I promise unnie. Now please don’t worry a lot, enjoy your trip”

She break the hug and pat my head “Remember what I told you okay? What gift do you want me to get for you?”

“I don’t like anything at all unnie, as long as you get back safe that’s all I want for”

“There should be something! A perfume, bag or whatsoever!”

I laugh “Unnie I don’t need those things, just get back safe. I’d be happy”

“Fine! But I’ll buy something for you, don’t try to stop me. Hmmmmpppp”

She was like a kid, I really like how she treats me nicely. It was tender, like a mom who takes care of her child. After that brief chitchat, the two bid their goodbye. They didn’t let Lisa drive them to the airport because they want her to stay with me. She quickly went up to her room when I tried to approach me, maybe I’ll try it this evening.

I spend most of my time reading a book or having conversation with the servants specially Wendy who’s more talkative than before. We were laughing about how she drag Joy just to save her from being bitten by a dog when they went to jog at the park one time, it was hilarious that all we could hear are our loud laughter. We didn’t notice the time, it was already 5 in the afternoon so everyone went back to their respective work. I helped in cooking dinner and was about to call Lisa when they told me she went out, I asked them where and they didn’t know. I got worried that she might be somewhere because she didn’t want to be with me in her own house.

The clock ticks at 11 PM, no Lisa in sight as I wait for her in the living room. Everyone is asleep and the weather got bad, the rain is pouring. I jolt in the sofa everytime the thunder strikes, it makes me feel fear. I breath a sigh of relief when the door swung open revealing Lisa— but my smile vanished when I saw her almost ravishing someone’s face as they share an intimate kiss. They didn’t notice me standing there as they made their way upstairs almost tripping. The door of her room was shut loudly.

I was left here scared. Lonely. Hurt.

The thunder made me run the stairs, before I could even reach my room I trip and it made a loud thud on the floor right infront Lisa’s door. I was crying not because of the pain I felt from falling but because of the fact that Lisa brought a girl home. Kissing her like no tomorrow.

I didn’t even know the rain stop and my loud sobs filled the empty hallway, making them bothered. The door open revealing Lisa with an angry face her hair disheveled, behind her was the girl who have this irritated look and her dress almost hanging from her body. Her lipstick was ruined as it was scattered on her lips to her chin.

Who is she Lisa? How can you let another woman touch you like that?