Chapter 10

Jisoo’s POV

Jennie’s been staying in the mansion for a week already, everything seems fine except when she get near to Lisa. I don’t know why she likes to hang out around Lisa when clearly the latter didn’t want any attention coming from her. I know she was thankful about being save so she show gratitude by making little efforts for Lisa but no matter how hard she try she could not break her defenses.

I’m going to the kitchen when I saw Jennie cooking again for the nth time, although we tried to stop her from doing it she insist. It’s the only least thing she could do to return the favor of staying here for free.

“What you cooking?”

I think I surprised her because she cutely jump on where she’s standing.

“Hahaha sorry I didn’t mean to startle you”

“I-It’s okay unnie”

“So?”

“Ah yeah I was cooking soft tofu stew and bibimbap, I hope you don’t mind it for lunch”

“No I don’t. Besides I like your cooking, it’s like I’m dining in a fine restaurant”

She giggled “You liar”

“I’m not lying”

I’m busy watching her when the two walk in the kitchen talking about something. My wife shared what they talk about last week when Lisa and Jennie didn’t get along, I’m relieved that it’s all settled now.

“My cute mandu what are you cooking again for lunch? I’m excited”

“You’re always excited about food” Lisa side comment.

“No I’m not!”

“Yes you are baby” I add.

She glared at me “To explain it to both of you, the food seduce me. I couldn’t say no”

“When will you give me a nephew or a niece unnie?” Lisa tease.

“When Jisoo finally have the balls to be a parent”

Laughter filled the entire kitchen as my face gets hot because of embarrassment, I never been ready to have a kid but I’m sure Chaeng don’t mind.

After Jennie cook, we help her prepare the food and put it on the dining table. We did small talks. I glance at Jennie who is getting comfortable with us.

Me and Chaeng already knows who she is but we never told Lisa about it because she told it before that she’s not interested. We ran a background check and just like me, Jennie’s surname is also Kim. Her mother married another man named Kwon Ji-yong— a gambler. They didn’t know about it because of how good he acts. After Jennie’s mom death she started to get maltreatment from her step-father. Although she tried to escape she keeps coming back to him. Then all the puzzle pieces are completed from how she ended up into the bar that night and only god knows how terrible it is for a young girl to see unfortunate events. She was under a mafia’s care, someone who's name is Song Min-ho. It wasn’t just an ordinary mafia because he's powerful and ruthless. Chaeng was worried that they won’t stop until they find Jennie.

“Hey babe, you’ve been staring on your food.  Is it that good that you forgot where you are?” Chaeng tease me with a laugh.

“Yeah it is hahahaha”

“Tsk. The food didn’t even taste that good”

“Then why are you already on your second meal?”

“I’m not”

“I may be focus on eating but I observe you Manoban”

“Whatever” Lisa wipe the side of her lips with the napkin and leave us behind.

“Look at her being short tempered hahahaha I can’t with Lisa”

“Jennie you can do as you please. We will be supporting you”

Her feline eyes look at me “Yes unnie”

“We are family now. Okay?”

After Chaeng said that she burst into tears and we were chuckling on her reaction. She was still a kid with a soft heart.

“Stop crying. You don’t want to get ugly isn’t it?”

“N-No..”

Chaeng stand up and went to Jennie embracing her.

“From now on you’ll be our little sister”

“T-Thank you unnie”

After the drama we continued eating. We went on the living room and Lisa’s not there, maybe she was staying in her room again. This days she don’t hang out if she see Jennie with us, her annoyance was fully displayed on her face as she scowl.

“Unnie where do you work?”

“Uhm we are working in a company where Lisa and I is the owner but she’s the CEO. If you like we can take you there sometime” Chaeng replied with a smile.

“N-No t-thanks” her hands trembled.

I know she’s still scared to roam outside.

“Okay. We will go if you’re ready”

Since Jennie came to our home, the house was filled somehow with life. Her bright gummy smile was so contagious making everyone around her smile too except from Lisa. She’s also bubbly and talkative. Since Chaeng considered her as part of the family she buy stuffs for her— clothes, food she likes, things she want to have. She didn’t ask for a phone but we bought her one just in case something happens. Our numbers are already saved.

“Unnie why is Lisa so grumpy?”

“Don’t mind her. She’s an old geezer living in a young woman’s body hahahahaha”

“Hahahaha that’s funny”

Thinking of it, Jennie don’t have enough information about us. She didn’t even know who Lisa is so the latter’s conclusion that she’s a con-artist is a hoax. This girl is pure innocent.

Suddenly I was startled when Jennie hug me and kiss me gently on the cheeks, she also do the same to Chaeng.

“Thank you unnies for making me stay. I owe everything to you”

“Awwweeee such a baby!” Chaeng pinch her mandu cheeks.

“I’m gonna call you mandu” I blurt with a cheeky smile.

“Huh?”

“Yeah. Nice idea. Since your cheeks are like mandu”

“Unnie!” she shyly covered her cheeks with her hands.

The three of us talks happily on the living room while the TV is playing some random movie. We don’t even watch it anymore because we are so caught up with our talk. There’s a long way to go to better know Jennie, she’s such an adorable kid.