Chapter 25

Lisa’s POV

After seeing Jennie in that dress I bought for her, the girl didn’t left my mind and I couldn’t work well. I keep on messing things up like signing papers that shouldn’t be signed, Chaeng must’ve notice my dilemma as I sigh every now and then.

“Something wrong Lisa?”

“Nothing Chaeng, just a headache. It’ll go away”

“Get some rest if you can’t handle it, you don’t have any important meetings anyway”

“Thanks unnie”

I decided to go home for lunch just to see Jennie because I can’t wait for evening to come, I need to see her asap. I was driving when my eyes caught a flower shop on the way so I park on the side of the road and happily went to buy. It took me long enough to choose since there are varieties of pretty flowers that probably she would like, I end up buying blue roses. The thought of her cute reaction made me smile.

The drive home didn’t took long, I’m now stepping inside our mansion making the other maids look at me in confusion. It was already lunch time and I heard the voice of someone I’ve been dying to see.

“Lisa?!? You didn’t say you’ll come home, I must’ve prepared a meal for you” she said frantically.

“It won’t be a surprise if I told you, right?” I chuckled.

“Wait I’ll prepare our lunch, take a seat for the meantime”

She was about to go the kitchen when I stop her.

“Uhmmm… h-hey Jennie”

She must’ve not notice the flowers on my hand because she’s surprise on my sudden appearance.

“Yes?”

“Flowers. For you”

I didn’t know if it’s too hot today since I could feel it, specially on my face. Her stare makes me feel anxious.

“F-For me?” her mouth is slightly agape.

“Yes. I saw a flower shop on the way home, I decided to buy for you”

Her tiny hands accept the flowers, her fingers grazed mine and it give an electric feeling.

“T-Thank you Lisa, you didn’t have to do it”

“But I want to”

And there my eyes saw a priceless reaction, her mandu cheeks are tinted red and she was smiling while looking at the flowers.

“They’re so pretty”

“Just like the one who’s holding them”

Her eyes quickly shifted to me “T-Thank you”

As if the surrounding went mute as we only hear our breathing while looking at each other, she must’ve feel the tension as she first spoke.

“Uhmmm I’ll just…I’ll just prepare lunch Lisa”

“Y-Yeah, okay”

She gave me a liptight smile before she went on the kitchen, I wait for her on the dining table. Oh fucking hell, something is happening inside of me.

The lunch was good, Jennie’s cooking really don’t disappoint. We were comfortably talking as we eat— I mean she do the talking while I listen at her rants. She laugh every now and then about something funny, or she scrunch her nose when she complains or she’s against something. I notice every small detail of her, the mole above her eye, how her gums show up everytime she smile, how she flips her hair back every time it falls on her shoulder, her mannerism of moving her hands in the air as she tell a story. I notice a lot more and I’m attracted to it.

I didn’t know if she notice that I’m staring at her in amazement, but I hope she do. I didn’t stayed long as I bid her goodbye after eating lunch with her and ofcourse her famous kiss didn’t slip off her mind. I’m getting used to it.

A smile crept into my lips as I continue my work inside my office, I didn’t mind if there’s stack of folders infront of me. I chuckled when I remember one of Jennie’s story and Chaeng catch me being crazy.

“Oh my god, is my sibling crazy now? Lisa do we need to get worry?” she sarcastically said while smiling.

“Go away Chaeng”

She fake gasp “And now you’re pushing me away? Aww my ego is hurt”

“Crazy”

“Hey says the one who is laughing alone while doing paper works duhhh. So spill the tea, I’m up for it”

I shake my head “As if there’s one”

“There is! Don’t fool me Manoban, I’m not born yesterday”

“Whatever you say Chaeng”

She whined “Ya! I’m still your older sister, so I need to know what’s happening”

“So you admit that you’re old now huh” I chuckled.

“Don’t divert the topic idiot”

I sigh in defeat “You’re not gonna stop isn’t it”

“I won’t until you tell me” her expecting eyes look at me “so, what is going on?”

“I think …..I’m okay with Jennie staying with us”

I don’t know if she feel happy or disappointed in my answer, but it’s real though. I’m okay with the idea of Jennie being with us or I’m just denying the fact that I’m starting to like the girl.

“That’s what you’re happy about earlier? Hmmmmm I smell something fishy, this isn’t right”

“Whatever Chaeng”

Her squinting eyes observe me, this girl won’t really let it pass. I need to sort things out first. From this paper I’m signing, to Jennie who is been waiting at home.