Chapter 8

Jennie's POV

Chaeng unnie hold my hand as she lead me downstairs, I'm still scared so I stay as close as I could behind her back hiding myself. The maids were looking at me weirdly and it makes me more anxious than what I am right now. My fear vanish when I saw the face of the person who save me from death last night, my body have a mind on its own when I let go of Chaeng unnie's hand and rush to her sister Lisa pulling her into a hug.

"T-Thank you"

"What the fuck?!? Stay away from me!" she harshly remove my hands and push me.

"Lisa! Can you be more gentle?!? Jennie come here" she hold my wrist "are you okay?"

"Y-Yes u-unnie" I was about to cry but I refrain myself.

"What an act. I'm impress" Lisa smirk.

"Lisa"

"What? You don't believe me? Chaeng you would definitely believe me one day if this girl would show her true colors. She's that kind of girl who is greedy with money"

"No I'm not" I replied in defense.

"Really? Then why of all people why me? Why did you choose me? I mean there's bunch of people in the bar you could have ask for help. Maybe...." she step little closer "you do know who I am and grab the opportunity to ask for that fake help. Then now, you're here! Congrats whore!"

I was surprised when Chaeng slap her "What the fuck Lisa?!? Could you respect her?"

She chuckled "Respect? She don't deserve it"

Chaeng was about to speak but Lisa turn her back on us and walk away like nothing happened. Although she said harsh words towards me I still admire her, she's my hero. I know she isn't a bad person because she saved me the moment I needed someone's help- she was there embracing me with her broad arms.

"Sorry about her behaviour. Don't mind about her, I'll handle her later. For now Jennie you can do whatever you want inside the house, if you need something feel free to tell me. Don't be shy"

"B-But u-unnie.."

"No buts Jennie. Consider this as your home"

My tears fell upon what she said and I couldn't help it but to hug her.

"T-Thank y-you u-unnie. Don't worry I'll never be a burden. I'll d-do h-household chores"

"You don't need to. We have maids here to do it, if you're ready to open up I'm ready to listen. Anytime"

She's like my mom. God how I miss the woman who brought me in this world full of misery and pain. I wish she was alive- taking care of me.....loving me.

"Awwweee stop crying Jennie, I feel bad for seeing you cry"

"S-Sorry unnie"

"Come. Let's go watch some movie instead beside its my day off today. My wife went to work"

"Uhm h-how a-about Lisa?"

"She didn't have the energy to go. So she decided to stay at home"

"Okay"

Even if I'm a stranger they took me inside their place. I wonder how many people are like them hoping they're not the only one. Since I came here last night I didn't have the chance to look around. I don't know if this is still considered a house because it's bigger than the inside of a massive hotel, every corner and structure is built into perfection. It was like I'm living in a daydream. My thoughts was interrupted when Chaeng unnie motion me to sit on the couch that looks like a comfy bed. As I sat on it the soft fabric touches my skin and I was amazed.

Though the movie started a minute ago my mind's been wandering on the horror I experienced last night. Memories rush through my head and I jolt in my place hugging my knees all of a sudden. In my eyes I clearly saw how they shot Nancy on the head as she smile on my direction. I even saw her mouthed its okay before the disaster happened. I was shaking uncontrollably pushing the person who is trying to calm me down.

"Jennie breath....you need to breath...please Jen, look at me. It's okay. You're fine, you're safe in here. Nobody's gonna hurt you" Chaeng hold my cheeks making me look at her in the eyes.

Worry was evident in her eyes as it stares at me, she even wipe my tears.

"U-Unnie t-they're g-going t-to k-kill m-me.....t-they'll g-gonna l-look for m-me..." I sob harder.

"Who?"

I didn't answer, instead I bit my lower lip hiding my face using my trembling hands. I don't want them to get involved. I don't want them to suffer.

"Jennie"

"S-Sorry"

"Its okay, if you don't want to say it. Please calm down. You're safe here" she hug me gently as she rub my back.

"I'm....I-I'm s-scared unnie. What if they find me here? You'll be in trouble too. I need to get out of here" I keep on rambling.

It's possible though that one day they will surely find out that I'm staying in their house and I'm not letting that happen. I need to leave.

"Ssshhhhh. Stop talking. They won't ever find you here, I promise Jennie. We will protect you"

"U-Unnie you don't know who they are....they are....b-bad p-people. I don't want you to get hurt because of me"

"Jennie, listen to me okay? Whoever those bad people you are referring to, I swear they won't find you here"

I shake my head no "U-Unnie..."

"Ssshhh please stop thinking like that. I will never let anything bad happen to you, understand? I won't allow anyone to hurt you"

My breathing was still uneven due to the fear creeping inside of me. I heard them. I heard them before I escape. Their voices echoed on my ears.......

The boss wants her dead. We need to kill her.