↭31

[A/n: Italics is them speaking in Chinese]

Jaemin pulled Minhyung away from the edge, seeing that the other was making no attempts to move. As he made Minhyung sit up straight he saw the tears streaming down his face. The others hadn't noticed yet, and Jaemin knew he would be the one announcing it as he pulled the unresponsive Minhyung closer for a hug. 

Jiseon: Guys? What happened?

Jaemin looked over to see their confused looks. At the moment, he preferred those over what was about to happen. And it turned out that he didn't have to say anything since a smart boy pointed it out.

Renjun: Where's Dayeon?

His question went unanswered, but when Jaemin saw the others immediately come to realisation he closed his eyes shut, feeling his own tear escape his eye.

Yujung: no... no NO! 

She tried to head over to the edge but Chenle stopped her almost immediately. 

There were zombies crawling upwards. They were trapped on a rooftop. Another one of their friends fell into the fate of those monstrous creatures. It was too soon. The wound from Jisung was still too fresh to have this.

There was a heart-breaking silence that was filled with growls and nasty snarls. Jaemin didn't want anything but to just wish for a miracle. A miracle that could take them away from this nightmare.

Tomorrow when he woke up, he would be in his seat at school, rolling his eyes to his loud classmates. Jiseon, Jeno, Minhyung and Jisung would be fooling around. Donghyuck would be making a group of girls laugh. Yujung and Chenle would be bickering with Seolmi trying to stop it. Dayeon would be sketching and Renjun... he would be sitting in his seat, cancelling the bustling world around him and focusing on his studies. This was what Jaemin wanted. This was what Jaemin needed. 

And his hope was answered fruitful; when they heard the chopping of air and the wind around them blowing strongly as it sent their hair flying in all directions. Jaemin held up a hand to cover his eyes from the wind while the other hand stayed around Minhyung.

He looked up and saw a helicopter with a few army officers standing by the rope ladder that hung over close to them. Another officer stood with his big gun, shooting down what Jaemin guessed were zombies. 

This was it.

This was the miracle.

But no one moved.

He saw the officers shout something but over the blasting gush of air, no one could hear or comprehend a word. That was until an officer came sliding down and head straight to Chenle as if with purpose. Jaemin couldn't see much or hear at all but all he saw was Yujung's teary eyes widening as if in recognition. 

The officer hauled up the two of them and urged them to go up the rope ladder. He then head to some of the others. Jaemin realised that his turn was coming soon so he looked down at the distraught Minhyung. He was sitting still, eyes slowly blinking while more tears flowed down his cheeks. Jaemin leaned close to his ear before whispering.

Jaemin: She'll want us to be safe.

As he sat back upright, Minhyung finally made eye contact with him before nodding lightly. He let Jaemin pull him up and the two head to the ladder. He let Minhyung and the others go first. But the officer urged him to go quickly, so he followed right behind Renjun. 

When the doors to the helicopter closed, there was a stunned silence. They were all cramped in a helicopter with army officers that were hopefully, and most likely, taking them to safety.

---

Chenle stared at the male who sat opposite to him while staring back.

Chenle: Ge...

He muttered and he saw the others turn to him. Though only Yujung and Renjun seemed to understand.

Weixang: Its been a minute, Le-

Chenle just scoffed and finally looked away. Yujung met his eyes and he could tell that she was still paining from what had just happened.

Chenle himself felt like he was falling into shattering madness. First Jisung, then Dayeon... now his AWOL brother was saving him and his friends.

Life had a way to mess things up in the worst way possible. Though he felt a glimmer of hope grow. They were indeed getting saved.

Scream will be ending soon😭 or will it

Scream will be ending soon😭 or will it... anywayyy see you in the next chapterr