↭30

Renjun: We're close

Renjun: We're close... real close.

He said while huffing. 

Renjun: But like-

Jaemin: Shh shh. 

He interrupted while stepping in front of Renjun.

Renjun: What-

Jaemin turned to him, pressing a finger to his lips in a silent command to hush. With caution, he took a step forward, squinting as he heard more grunts from ahead. He adjusted his torch to its brightest setting, scanning the tunnel.

He paused, the light freezing on two lurking zombies near the rails. A collective silence enveloped the group as they stared at the looming threats. Jeno raised his gun, silently questioning their next move. The unanimous nod signalled the necessity of eliminating the danger and making a run for it.

It was a smart thing to do. 

But as Jeno's gun clicked, the noise echoed through the tunnel, followed by a surge of growls.

Seolmi: Stop, stop. 

Donghyuck: That didn't sound too good.

Jaemin redirected the torchlight, revealing a swarm of zombies emerging from the rails. Panic seized them at the sight of the overwhelming creatures.

The group took a step back, having never seen so many of them together. 

Chenle: Shit.

Jeno: Shit.

Donghyuck: Shit.

Seolmi: Guys. 

She hissed as the zombies only growled louder at their whispers.

Seolmi: They will hear us very clearly.

She warned soo softly that Jaemin almost missed it. A screech made them flinch as the faced each other again. Renjun did a bunch of hand signs with his two fingers that looked like he was telling them to run up. But up where?

He sighed then pointed backwards. His silent motions directed them back the way they came.

Minhyung: We go back?

He whispered and Renjun frowned that Minhyung whispered but nodded anyway. This time the screeches were louder. Seolmi and Renjun pressed their fingers on their own lips, to emphasize to shut up. 

Before they could react, a scream pierced the air, and all eyes turned to Donghyuck. As he recoiled from a sudden attack, panic erupted among the group.

Minhyung: Ah fuck it! Run!

Renjun: Why would you scream, you idiot?!

He yelled, frustration evident in his tone, as they started running to the previous station.

Donghyuck: You try not screaming when something grabs your leg, you mother-

Minhyung: Guys! Focus on getting out of here!

He yelled back.

Jiseon: Are you scratched?

She asked as they all ran with all they had. And Donghyuck just shook his head for a response. 

As they raced to the station, the group halted to catch their breath. The encroaching sounds of the zombies reminded them they couldn't afford to stop for too long.

Renjun: Drop the bags.

Minhyung: We can't do that.

Renjun: If we want to live we have to. Drop it. 

Seolmi: He's right. 

The group reluctantly but quickly took them off and sighed shakily, clearly way too overwhelmed by whatever was happening. A fear lingered in the air, a fear for their lives. 

Minhyung: Guys... we can do this. We made it so far. We can make rest of the way from road. Let's just get to safety first. 

Everyone nodded though it was half hearted. The screeches were way too close now and everyone looked at the ticket barriers. 

Seolmi: Let's go. 

She said with determination before they leaped over the barriers, the emerging swarm of zombies urging for their escape. They sprinted up the stairs, only to freeze at the sight of the desolate road ahead. They were somewhere off from the city and there were only lines of warehouses everywhere. There were a few crashed vehicles and zombies. Not many but the group of friends knew that they would join the killing spree. 

Jaemin: Go go go!

They dashed to the nearest warehouse only to find it locked. 

Chenle: Guys guys, ladder!

He pointed towards a ladder on the side of the building, leading to the roof. With urgency, they began to climb as the zombies closed in. The zombies that had toppled over each other and surfaced as well, started running around. It was as if they lost the group for a second but it wouldn't take too long to smell them.

Minhyung's heart pounded as he ascended. When he made it to the top, he started helping the others up, his eyes constantly glancing to where the zombies were. 

With each person he helped up, Minhyung felt his wound throbbing like fire, but he couldn't give up. Jaemin joined him, but Minhyung's weakening grip made it difficult for both of them to pull the others up.

Jaemin: One more. 

They looked back down the edge; first, eyes widening at the sight of the zombies crowding by the base, then by Dayeon's crying and feared face. 

Minhyung: Give me your hand. 

He said while leaning further down. He felt Jaemin holding him down from the back, fearing he would fall because of how much he was leaning over. Dayeon raised her hand reaching for him. Their hands were about to clasp, mere inches away from each other. 

Jaemin: Let me get her Minhy-

Minhyung: Almost...

He groaned out before leaning over just a little more and grabbing for her hand. Though just as his hand wrapped around her's, she was yanked away with a scream that filled Minhyung's ears. He felt himself still, as a sense of dread fell over him. Minhyung felt his heart sink as he watched her disappear into the swarm of zombies, her cries silenced within moments.

 Minhyung felt his heart sink as he watched her disappear into the swarm of zombies, her cries silenced within moments

Dayeon- nooooo 😭😭