↭26

Donghyuck ran back into the room, his heart racing out of fear

Donghyuck ran back into the room, his heart racing out of fear. Jiseon was still there, cradling the lifeless body of Jisung's, clutching onto it like her last hope. 

He turned around when he heard the growls getting closer. 

Damn they climb up those stairs fast. 

He ran to the window, looking down to see if there was a way out. Only then did he see a swimming pool laying at the bottom of it. 

Seolmi: Zombies hate water.

Donghyuck quickly opened the window before going over to Jiseon. He cupped her teary face as the screeches got louder and closer.

Donghyuck: We have to go.

Jiseon: We can't leave him here.

She said while looking down at Jisung.

Donghyuck: Jiseon... I'm sorry... but we have to go. 

She didn't budge so Donghyuck bent over and picked her up. 

Jiseon: No! Donghyuck! Please don't do this!

She tried to get out of his grip but he couldn't let her. He sat on the sill with her still crying. But she had given up on fighting. His eyes glanced at Jisung who was now in a lying position on the bed. 

I'm so sorry... 

Just then the zombies barged in and Donghyuck screwed his eyes shut, made sure that Jiseon's face was buried in his neck and pushed himself backward. His grip on her only tightened as they fell; until they hit the water and the force broke them apart. 

Donghyuck felt the air getting knocked out of him but he still grabbed onto Jiseon's hand and hauled both her and himself back up. Another body came crashing into the water making both of them flinch but as the male resurfaced Donghyuck sighed. 

Jiseon on the other hand, quickly swam over to Jeno and engulfed him in a hug before crying again. Jeno, surprised, just held onto his sister in confusion. He met Donghyuck's eyes and Donghyuck muttered just one word. 

Donghyuck: Jisung.

Jeno's entire body froze before his hold on Jiseon tightened. Donghyuck sighed and leaned against the swimming pool edge while taking deep breaths. He watched as the twins just stayed in between the pool, crying while they were surrounded by lurking zombies. 

The booming voice that caused the uproar had died down but the creatures were still walking around. Donghyuck glanced around, grateful that they hated water. 

The three were in the pool. For so long that Donghyuck lost track of time. He was left counting seconds. It was slowly getting freezing cold and the twins were showing no sign of movement. The two were still in the embrace, not crying anymore but the way they held onto each other told Donghyuck that nothing was helping them feel better.