↭28

[A/n: I did double update so please read chapter 27 before this!]

Jeno's breath hitched as he and Seolmi descended the steps of the station as quietly as possible

Jeno's breath hitched as he and Seolmi descended the steps of the station as quietly as possible. Though since there was so much clutter, their shoes crunched against the gravel. Jeno wished they could use socks but there was no way they could use that outside of a building.

When they reached the last few steps, Seolmi held out her hand, making the male stop in his tracks. They shared a glance before she took steps ahead of him, peeking through the corner. Other than the guns in their hands, they held torches which she used to shine down both ways before getting down the remainder of the steps. 

She looked both ways once more before looking back at him in confusion. He leaned over and checked as well but there was nothing in hind sight. It was deserted. 

Jeno: What the hell?

He whispered and Seolmi climbed a few a stairs before picking up an abandoned glass bottle, which looked like a beer bottle. Jeno looked up at Seolmi understanding her intentions, remembering the last time she caused a distraction using beer bottles.

She threw the bottle, it clattering against the pavement and crashing by the rails. They waited a moment, but still... nothing. 

A sudden scream rang through the station and Jeno flinched as Seolmi screamed for a good whole moment. He stared at her in shock before checking the station again. Still nothing. 

Seolmi: Damn. 

There were rushed footsteps behind them and the two turned. The others came rushing down, confused looks on their faces as they scanned Jeno and Seolmi up and down. 

Donghyuck: No one's dying?

Yujung: Who screamed?

Seolmi: I did.

Jaemin: ... ... Uh why?

Seolmi: There's nothing around here. Not even a fly I suppose. 

The all got down to the platform, looking down the lines of deserted shops along side the rails. 

Chenle: Wait... Seriously?

Another scream erupted and this time everyone looked at Jiseon. When she finished she took a deep breath with a smile ghosting her lips, as if in relief. Everyone shared looks in confusion though Seolmi looked amused. 

Jiseon: I feel better...

She breathed out. And just like that everyone took turns, knowing they couldn't do it together because that could attract zombies from upstairs. It was the first time that they could scream in months. It was a different kind of feeling. Almost as if it sparked a hope in them.

Donghyuck: You sound like a wolf.

Jeno: Shut up.

There were a few chuckles within the group before Jaemin brought everyone back to focus.