↭3

Yujung: T-Try the TV

Renjun who was closest to the remote switched it on and the news reporter seemed to be very worried, shaking in her seat. 

News Reporter: The news has just come in that people who are turning, that is, those catching the virus are only those under the age of 20 or above the age of 8 so far. But the turned can still kill you. It is advised of the people above 21 and kids under the age of seven to move towards the safety camps. You... have to leave the rest.

The class was silent for a minute before all hell broke loose. 

Dayeon: T-They are l-leaving us to die!?

Seolmi was silent as she stared at the screen. Her breath hitched.

Seolmi: We are all going to die... we are all going to die...

She continued muttering. Her foot tapped against the ground in a hurry but that much movement didn't seem enough. 

She got up, walking at the back of the class, walking from one end to the other. 

Jaemin: Stop. Seolmi stop. 

He stood up, grabbing the girl's shoulders to stop her. 

Jaemin: Stop worrying... 

Minhyung: Worrying is not the way to get through this.

Jaemin let go off Seolmi led her back to her seat. Minhyung then moved the curtain peeping out, avoiding the bloody mess in the grounds. He saw the sun setting in a distance.

Minhyung: Its getting late... we need to worry about sleeping arrangements.

Jiseon: We could, move the tables and take the floor.

Chenle: Or... put the tables together and sleep on that. Floor might become too cold. 

Minhyung: That sounds better. Come one then. 

Renjun: And do not drag the tables, it will only attract those... things. 

Everyone nodded, getting to work. The girls moved the chairs away while the guys worked on placing the tables together to make a bigger table.

But in the next second Seolmi watched as Donghyuck was arguing with Jeno about a table.

Jeno: Let go. 

Donghyuck: You let go. I took this first.

Jiseon: Boys. Cut it out. 

Donghyuck: tell him to back off then!

Jeno who was getting fed up, picked up the table, pushing Donghyuck who went crashing into the podium knocking it over, with of them landing with a huge thud. Seolmi's eyes widened as everyone shared looks. 

---

They heard it first, before it settled in. 

The screaming and raging footsteps, made them all turn to the windows that faced the hallway. It was empty for a second before suddenly those creatures came screeching at the windows, pounding on them.