↭12

Jeno: You know, now that i am not running around or in constant fear of dying

Jeno: You know, now that i am not running around or in constant fear of dying... my ankle has started to hurt more.

Jiseon: Tsk... its bound to. You haven't given it any rest. 

She said as she bandaged his leg while he sat against the headboard in his current assigned room. Jeno watched as his twin sister silently treated to his ankle with care.

Jeno: Do you miss mom?

She took a shaky breath.

Jiseon: Surprisingly yes. Even is she was busy all the time... she was there for us in a way.

Jeno: In a terrible way. 

She looked at him, unamused but Jeno was adamant on not taking it back. 

Jiseon: At this point... i just want all of this to end and go home. 

Jeno: Agreed.

His voice was low as his thoughts immediately shifted to Seolmi.

Jiseon: Listen... we couldn't have saved her.

Somehow he still found it fascinating how she knew some of his thoughts. Though he reasoned it to them being twins.

Jeno: I know... I just wish we could. She... was a sweet girl.

Jiseon: *cough* simp *cough*

Jeno: Yah!

She laughed and stood up, putting the medical kit away.

Jiseon: Go to sleep Mr. Simp. I'll see you tomorrow morning with your breakfast. 

Jeno: Stop calling me that.

He said as he slipped into the sheets and she approached the door, hands hovering over the switch for the lights and a smile stretched on her lips.

Jiseon: Goodnight Mr. Simp.

He chuckled, knowing this wouldn't come to an end soon.

Jeno: Goodnight.

---

Jiseon shut Jeno's door and sighed. She turned around to head to her room but stopped when she saw Donghyuck coming up the stairs with snacks in his hand. He too froze when their eyes met. 

Jiseon: You're eating all that...? We just had dinner.

Donghyuck: You can't blame me. I'm hungry. Its been almost a week since i had good food.

Jiseon: Its not been that long.

He stared at her as she counted and realized what he said was true. And at that moment her stomach growled louder than she would have liked. She looked at him, an embarrassing red tint colouring her cheeks.

Donghyuck: Wanna share?

Jiseon: I... sure...

The two went to his room which was right next to Jeno's. In no time there were sitting cross legged on his floor, munching on chips silently.