Chapter Nineteen

I wasn't sure I would respond to the anthro honey bee towering over me.

I couldn't even think or speak. I heard the sound of quick, heavy footsteps entering the room I was in with the anthro honey bee, who was looking at me but then looked up. Her expression shifted from a; please look, into a look of annoyance and, most likely, irritation. Confused, I turned around to see the queen and the male honey bee scientist with her.

"Livian! What do you think you are doing?!"

"I just wanted to see who our new visitor was. We don't get that many new visitors, especially ones we've never seen." She said slightly, looking down at me with a curious look. What confused me more was that these two had similar physical features, and I assumed they were either sisters or mother and daughter.

"Livian respect our guest." The queen said. I looked back to the anthro bee before me, and she rolled her eyes at the queen, started to walk out, and muttered, which surprised me.

"Fine, Mom," the anthro bee said sarcastically. The male bee, now standing next to the queen, was greeted by an irritated glare from the queen, which the male bee backed down.

"You told me she wouldn't be wandering around the castle unguarded," the queen said, looking at the cowardly male bee, looking down at the ground in shame.

"I assumed she was in her quarters." The male bee said in a shamed tone of voice.

"Sigh, it's fine. At least I could catch her before she did anything shameful or otherwise reckless to our guest," she said, slightly eyeing me. I watched as they both talked, but I watched them in silence, trying to connect the dots about what was going on between the already-assumed daughter and the queen herself.

"Doesn't she have to find a prince or someone to marry to become the next queen?" I thought inside my head, based on my home planet's history and specific timelines in ancient and medieval history, marriage was structured entirely differently, but now that I was in this world, I assumed they might share the same traits in my world that were desiccated thousands of years ago, but I might've been wrong by the fact

At that moment, when I thought that inside my head, my eyes were gazing down on the floor, losing eye contact with the queen. Still, she seemed to return her gaze to the male bee and spoke in their usual Hexian language, which I was surprised to get used to because it sounded like I was telling my human language, English.

Before I could ask the queen without interrupting her with the conversation on the queen's daughter, what seemed to be that the male bee was supposed to be keeping her guards yes on her from doing anything regretful, she looked back to me and spoke.

"Do you have what you need?" the queen asked.

To be continued