Chapter Twelve

Adam's POV

"What are you?" Silene asked, her tone showing a hint of confusion and curiosity altogether.

Not sure how I was going to respond, I looked at Vee slightly, and she seemed to trust Silene; looking back to Silene, I then answered her question.

"I'm a human," I said in. a straight yet blunt tone.

Silene cocked her head, slightly confused by the title of what I was.

"I have never heard of your species. Are you possibly from the outer regions of the Hexian?" Silene asked.

Taking a moment to think, I told her what I assumed would work for me to understand where I was from.

"Yes and No," I said, trying to make it sound less confusing for Silene.

Silene seemed a bit confused before she gave me a puzzled expression and looked up to Vee for clarification.

Vee then gestured to Silene.

I was signaling to follow her back to the table, to what I assumed Vee would explain what was happening to me.

While I waited, I still had my hood on. I slightly look back at my surroundings.

Before thinking about Avira and bringing her back, I froze at the thought of my pod and the royal guards with her who had taken the pod I was in. and that I needed it so I could locate other functional that might've survived and landed in certain other parts of the planet, and the plan was to check for any possible survivors and after that try to find a way to make contact with a nearby trafficking solar space structure that usual are giant orb-like structures called Dyson sphere's which were hypothetical but soon were able to be built that are both megastructures in space that look like the similar design of a soccer ball. They usually orbit and observe specific long-range systems that might contain life, and there might be a chance if I could find a possible comms antenna from one of the parts of the ship that could still be out there. And that part I needed to think about later, but right now, I needed to find the other survivors from the ship and know if any have survived.

I was about to walk over to Vee and Silene. Still, before I could even get close to them, a sudden vibration from what felt like a sudden reaction to an explosion caused me to frantically look around in caution, confused about what I had experienced. Even Vee and Silence and every other anthro bee stopped what they were doing and quickly started to evacuate the Royal Hex Academy building.

Confused by the sudden reaction, I felt someone grab me by my left arm.

Turning to look ahead, the source pulling me away from the rest of the crowd was Vee and Silene quickly stepped side with me.

Confused by the gesture, Vee was concerned based on her eyes, and Silene was also a bit concerned.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused and concerned.

Vee hesitantly looked at Silene and then at me, but before they could speak, Vee quickly pulled me towards her to hide behind a few hexagon beams. When I looked up at her, she used her left hand to signal me with her index finger, bringing it to her lip to let me nonverbally tell me to be quiet.

Slightly looking over, I saw a few royal anthro honey bee guards looking around the Royal Hexian Academy building. I instantly wondered why they were there but was confused by everyone being outside and looking upward. Were they watching or waiting for something or someone?

That's when I noticed Silene was outside with the other anthro honey bees from the academy. She somehow saw that I was looking at her. Quickly, she pulled up her hood to face slightly and walked within the crowd of the anthro honey bees.

Confused by the sudden action, I looked to Vee, who had already seen everything, and after a minute of her looking towards the crowd, she looked down at me with a reassuring smile. "Do not worry, she will be back," Vee said. Her tone was reassuring and without a hint of anxiety.

Before I could think forward, I felt a tug from my arm being pulled back and to look at Vee and pointing to something that I overlooked until I looked to where she was pointing to see a hallway, but assuming I was about to ask why and where it lead Vee instantly was running. I was trying to keep up at her unexpected speed.

I noticed that we were heading towards another door that was shaped like a hexagon shape. She could use her abilities to open the door for us, and once we entered through the door, we were somehow outside the Royal Hexian Academy.

Confused about where we were, we were somehow in some of the alleys in the main street parts of Hexian.

And if my assumption was correct, Vee was able to somehow transfer us from one door entrance to the other, almost like that old archived film I remember watching called The Adjustment Bureau, starring Matt Damon as the main character, and what Vee and I just experienced was kind of similar to what I watched. Before I could continue thinking on that subject, I then saw Vee looking outside from the alleyway Vee looking outside from alleyway that we were in, and at that very moment, her eyes were suddenly filled with caution and fear. I knew something was wrong and up.

"what's wrong?" I asked, sounding a bit curious yet worried that she had a horrified expression on her face, a face that showed she was deeply frightened about something.

She was about to open her mouth to speak when, at that very moment, the building and the ground began to vibrate as if we were experiencing what was called a quake on my planet (Earthquake). But these vibrations were different; They weren't coming from the ground, but there was an a-piercing noise of something flying or gliding over them above from the Hexian kingdom at that very moment.

I saw what I thought was a myth, a legend, a fairy tale to our people that was used to tell children about when they go to bed, just as from the fiction of a children's book.

It was a dragon. A living being of a mighty beast with wings, a reptilian that could breathe and shoot out the chemical compound of a dangerous and flammable fumed gas (also known as fire), I was only able to see a slight hint of it as it passed us from above and was flying off in the distance. I was confused about what a dragon was doing here, and I meant it by why it was here in Hexian because I haven't seen any dragons in the Hexian regions, relating and based on what I've seen.

It looked a little hint of blue, but I wasn't able to get an entire direct glance to see where the dragon was going; confused by the sudden reaction from Vee, I looked back to her to hear her mutter in a traumatized voice from Hershey.

"They aren't supposed to be here," Vee said, with a stuttering fear, there, fear-absorbed tone in her voice.

When I could ask what was happening and what was happening, she gestured for me to follow. I noticed she hadn't grabbed my arm at that moment but motioned me to follow her and to see that we were entering the streets where the other anthro honey bees stood and watched in confusion about what was happening.

I looked and noticed a shadow slowly descending from the air and I noticed as it began to reveal itself from the sun's bright beams of light and came down before us, what I couldn't believe was what I was able to see from the tall-headed crowd, was a dragon.

To be continued