Chapter Six

I stopped to realize that after thinking about the ship and the hope of any survivors, Avira was sensing my mind again, and I looked at her directly in the eyes, giving her a look that she instantly noticed I was giving her.

"What? Did I offend you in some way? If I did, I apologize." Avira said, her tone confused yet cornering on the fact of my face that I was giving her, of me furrowing my dark brown eyebrows at her.

And I don't blame her; she doesn't know anything related to human society, how we have entirely different principles in our culture, and how we function and live.

And that is understandable, especially for her, because she is an alien, and so am I.

But I needed to let her know that I wasn't comfortable with her sensing my mind, especially when I didn't want her to.

So, I loosened my furrowed brows, took a moment to gather up my words, and spoke to her in a severe yet stern tone. Which slightly took her off guard.

"Avira, please, I'm just going to say this. Could you stop sensing my thoughts? It's still new for me. And it isn't polite, just saying." I explained and saw a slight frown on Avira's face. And she lowered her head in what I instantly assumed was embarrassment and shame.

I instantly noticed this and felt terrible for my choice of words.

"I'm sorry. I only mean that because it's just impolite to do that. I'm an alien to you and as much an alien to you as you are to me. It's inappropriate to be doing that because it's overstepping another person's boundaries." I explained, and she slightly lit up from my explanation.

After knowing her for 15 minutes, I knew she was smart and probably a brilliant anthro honey bee.

And I knew she understood what I was trying to explain to her.

"Do you understand?" I asked in my tone of voice, hoping that she would understand.
"Yes, I understand, but still, I apologize for what I did. I should've known better." She said, her tone having a hint of sadness.

She looked down slightly and avoided eye contact with me.

I noticed that, and I spoke, giving her a small smile, and then I said.
"It's okay. You didn't do it on purpose, and I forgive you." I said.

"Thank you, Adam, I appreciate your forgiveness." She said, her face brightening and to see her smile again.
At that moment, she asked me about the ship and the possible hope of other survivors.

"Wait, you cannot define what had happened to your ship? Or what would have caused it to collide with our world?" Avira asked, her tone confused and surprised again.

"I don't know, and I don't remember what or how exactly happened, but I have to find out if there are other survivors in your world, and I can't do that unless you help me, and I would greatly appreciate that," I said, trying to convince them that I truly needed to find the rest of the crew.

She stared at me for what felt like a minute of silence.

Once she took a moment to decide on my words, she turned back to signal the two anthro honeybees over, signaled them with her foreign language, and gestured to the pod behind me.

The two anthro honey bees spread their wings, hovered slightly off the ground, and approached the pod.

I watched as they carefully pulled the pod out from the ground, and once it was out, they looked to Avira for further instruction.

She spoke back to them in her foreign language, and at that moment, they were off with my pod slowly, with the pod in their firm yet tight grasp.

They took flight as they carried out my pod and started heading in what appeared to be the Southern Eastern regional direction.